Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Remove EU Volume limit from IPOD Classic 80 gb!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-29-2007, 10:18 AM

Freshman Lounger

Question Remove EU Volume limit from IPOD Classic 80 gb!!!

i got my ipod classic 80 gb in portugal and i've tryied gopod, imod, volumebooster and nothing works on it!, can anybody please tell me or teach me how to get it off please

thank you

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:56 AM

Power Lounger

it is not possible to uncap the new classic or nano. actually one of the two reasons I returned my classic and got me a touch ^^

regards
Old 12-29-2007, 02:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

ipod touch play's louder then the classic?
Old 12-29-2007, 02:18 PM

Power Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi_2nd
ipod touch play's louder then the classic?
no but if you jailbreak it (and I knew I would jailbreak it if I'd buy one) you can just remove the volume limitation since you have full access to the touches firmware. pretty simple to do.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

well i wish we could do that to the classic model too...
it's just that i had 2 ipod's before this one, but they were both bought in USA and they player a lot louder then this classic that i bought in portugal. i sure hope that some smart guy can figure out some way to get this volume cap off, because it has been proved that depending on the density of each persons eardrum, depending on the db that each person can take! some people can hear 5 years with volume limitation and stop hearing and another person can hear 20 hears on max volume like 130 db and not hapen anything..that's i think it's stupid have the dam volume limit in europe...if there woried about eardrum problem on kids, that's why parentl control exists, so some parent's can put limit's on the volume...but that's for kids, i an adult and i can make up my one dam mind on the volume i choose to hear my music, so i really hope that some mastermind can figure out this situacion!!!
in advance i thank all that read i put my hope on who is trying to uncap the volume limit.

thanks 4 the reply Blackwolf :-)
Old 12-29-2007, 02:43 PM

Power Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi_2nd
well i wish we could do that to the classic model too...
it's just that i had 2 ipod's before this one, but they were both bought in USA and they player a lot louder then this classic that i bought in portugal. i sure hope that some smart guy can figure out some way to get this volume cap off, because it has been proved that depending on the density of each persons eardrum, depending on the db that each person can take! some people can hear 5 years with volume limitation and stop hearing and another person can hear 20 hears on max volume like 130 db and not hapen anything..that's i think it's stupid have the dam volume limit in europe...if there woried about eardrum problem on kids, that's why parentl control exists, so some parent's can put limit's on the volume...but that's for kids, i an adult and i can make up my one dam mind on the volume i choose to hear my music, so i really hope that some mastermind can figure out this situacion!!!
in advance i thank all that read i put my hope on who is trying to uncap the volume limit.

thanks 4 the reply Blackwolf :-)
yeah, i know, it really disturbed me too. I find it really arrogant that they tell me how loud I should listen to music.
But I would not count on the classic to be uncapped. As far as I heard, the firmware is encrypted and it seems there is no way that it will be uncapped (that's also the reason why tools like euPod don't work anymore).

so if you want a loud ipod, get either a classic from the usa or from hongkong via ebay, or get another ipod model like I did.
I have to say I'm much more happy with the touch since it has the soundchip of the video ipod and sounds a lot better than the classic does, at least in my opinion.
but of course the touch is more expensive and has less memory than the classic, so it may not be the best choice for you. I'm just saying I don't regret my decision to switch from classic to touch, maybe its worth thinking about it for you.

Topic: Remove EU Volume limit from IPOD Classic 80 gb!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.