Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Error -69, Write Failures etc. etc.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-18-2004, 07:52 AM

Freshman Lounger

Lightbulb Error -69, Write Failures etc. etc.

Hey All You Crazy iPod People,

Ok so i got my new 15gb iPod last week, tore open the box, charged it for bout 3 hours, whacked in the firewire cable and installed all the crud on the cd. Next thing i know, im getting all these errors, write failures in windows, itunes cant write to the device (error -69) and pretty much my whole computer stopped until i unplugged it. I was gutted, nothing worked. I searched the net and discovered that i was not alone, but instead i was a fool trapped in the cage of ignorance.

I found a solution. I had a cheapy firewire card, a POS i picked up from ebay for a tenner. So i went out and bought me's a usb + firewire cable. Voila, all my problems were sloved, and i was transfering data like greased up scotsmen going to a water slide. So theres your answer, fork out another 20 quid to get the thing working. Ironic yes, but he who has 7,500 songs in his pocket has the last laugh.

Hope this helps y'all

Sherwood

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: Error -69, Write Failures etc. etc.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.