Apple to Classic owners with problems--"Bend over, and spread your cheeks..." - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Apple to Classic owners with problems--"Bend over, and spread your cheeks..."

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 AM

Freshman Lounger

Apple to Classic owners with problems--"Bend over, and spread your cheeks..."

because we don't give a damn. We have your money already.

That is the ONLY possible view at this point. For all you folks who are lucky enough to have Classics with no problems, that's great for you. But the fact is that Apple has known now for TWO MONTHS that 1.0.2 screwed a lot of people. And they haven't done jack.

The only possible interpretation, after this length of time, is that they don't give a damn.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:48 AM

Senior Lounger

You want some cheese to go with that whine?

It's been one month, not two months since 1.0.2 came out.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:18 AM

Reclined Lounger

What is the point of a thread like this? Believe me; I understand and share your frustration that Apple is taking so long to fix things. But neither you nor I know how hard they are working on updating the firmware and what kind of setbacks the programmers may be experiencing behind the scenes. I do not believe for one minute that Apple doesn't care because they already have our money. As soon as they have a 1.0.3 ready for distribution, they will release it. I'd rather they take the time needed to get things right than rush to release something that may cause more new problems than it fixes.

So what is the point? Do you really think Apple will read this and decide to speed up? I think not. I think you are frustrated and just need to "vent".
Old 11-16-2007, 11:31 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawdryn
So what is the point? Do you really think Apple will read this and decide to speed up? I think not. I think you are frustrated and just need to "vent".
1) I think Apple are very aware of the negative publicity this kind of situation can generate. If they aren't, they should be.

2) How difficult would it be for them to say "Yes, we are aware of certain issues and are currently working very hard to put them right as soon as possible"? Apple is becoming as opaque as the old Kremlin under communism.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:54 AM

Chief Nanny-Boo-Boo

Overstate much? Jebus....

Idiot: n. One who owns an 80GB Classic and claims, despite overwhelming and contrary evidence from the Flying Spaghetti Monster, that his unit works just fine. See also: BBD.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:23 PM

Reclined Lounger

He's just letting off some steam. I don't know about anyone else, but I am LOVING my iPod Classic more and more everyday! Best iPod I have ever owned!

Got a 30GB iPod Photo, got a 160GB Classic, 120GB Classic, got a 16GB white iPhone.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:43 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexonxonx
He's just letting off some steam. I don't know about anyone else, but I am LOVING my iPod Classic more and more everyday! Best iPod I have ever owned!
Agree leave the boy alone.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:50 PM

Uber Lounger

I agree too! I love my classic.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 PM

Chief Nanny-Boo-Boo

Oh, sorry: I was actually responding to Blaine's Apple::Kremlin comparo..... It's perfectly acceptable to let off some steam, of course!

Idiot: n. One who owns an 80GB Classic and claims, despite overwhelming and contrary evidence from the Flying Spaghetti Monster, that his unit works just fine. See also: BBD.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:54 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolsskk
You want some cheese to go with that whine?

It's been one month, not two months since 1.0.2 came out.
The iPod Classic has been out for 2 months..there have been plenty of bugs discovered since its release and these firmware updates have done little to relieve complaints from users..instead 1.0.2 is a possible culprit of a infinite spinning hard drive. Is Apple really this incompetent at programming? Sure seems like they can't program their way out of a wet paper bag lately.

Then comes the 1.2.2 software update (for 5G users) that is offered to NON-iTunes 7.5 users which causes the iPod to lose songs if a pre-iTunes 7.5 version is used.

I think he has every right to complain. Apple just doesn't seem like the same company.

iPod Shuffle [2GB/3G] -- iPod Video 240GB -- iPod Classic 120GB -- iPod Nano 16GB [4G] -- iPod Shuffle [2GB/2G] -- iPod Shuffle 4GB
Retired: 5G 60GB, 80GB, Classic 80GB, 2G Shuffle 1GB, iPod Touch 1G 16GB, 1G Nano, 2G Nano
Old 11-16-2007, 10:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

I am a brand new 160gb owner, and am very concerned that these problems have been around for so long. I cant get more than 4 gb onto my 160 gb without an error 48, or delayed write failure, or "wrong volume in drive". I have tried 2 computers. One computer reports corruption of ..../prefs on the ipod hard drive.

If this problem has persisted over a month, it could very well be that they cannot fix this problem with firmware...maybe its faulty hard drives or a bad set of hard drive controller chips or USB ASICs.

Apple has tons of engineering resources and we should have seen a bonafide fix or an announcement by now.

Instead, how to implement a big recall program is probably being discussed in management.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:59 AM

Reclined Lounger

well i think its fine to vent anyways.
better than breaking or hurting someone
*shrugs*
seems rather annoying to me to
i still don't know which to buy, cause the classic is invested with their damn bugs.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:17 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidxe

I think he has every right to complain. Apple just doesn't seem like the same company.
You may well be on to something. I read an article a month or so back about how many of Apple's top employees have left. If I remember correctly, I think many of them were poached by Hewlett-Packard.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:22 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whs06780
e.
If this problem has persisted over a month, it could very well be that they cannot fix this problem with firmware...maybe its faulty hard drives or a bad set of hard drive controller chips or USB ASICs.

Apple has tons of engineering resources and we should have seen a bonafide fix or an announcement by now.
That makes a lot of sense. However, I'm not convinced about your point about the resources. That may have been so earlier, but it seems to me that with all these iPod models now out there, Apple may well be stretched very thin at the moment.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine
That makes a lot of sense. However, I'm not convinced about your point about the resources. That may have been so earlier, but it seems to me that with all these iPod models now out there, Apple may well be stretched very thin at the moment.

I spent 35 minutes on the phone with an Apple tech. The only thing diifferent that he had me do was restore the Ipod when it was in disk mode. Twice. (select + play) Finally, (after 2 restores) we got to point where he though I should re-download 1.0.2 software and I could not continue because my cable modem was down.

I can tell you that real long delay between starting a sync and actually seeing the sync progressing in Itunes makes the tech declare a failure and move on to the next step. ( I think the delay is 5 to 8 minutes for me)

Topic: Apple to Classic owners with problems--"Bend over, and spread your cheeks..."

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.