The Official iPod classic Discussion Thread - Page 24 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: The Official iPod classic Discussion Thread

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolloo View Post
What changes can apple bring to the next iPod Classic? Any suggestions?
I would like the 0% mark on the screen brightness to be a little dimmer, I think it could help save battery power.

And maybe they could make the selection panes, (Music, Videos, and other catagories), custumizable, like if you could choose the color scheem.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:13 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hello my fellow perfectionist!

I would say that it should be perfectly flush with the body. I mean it makes sense right?

I don't think it will cause any problems though, nor will it realy warrant a refund or anything.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

hope someone can help me..

ipod classic here..

after i switched it off, i would move the top button( to hold) and sometimes, it would turn on after i move that slider.. could it be because that slider thing is spoilt or is the motherboard spoilt?..
Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPod to computer after hard drive crash

I've been following Jess David Hollington's superb directions for reverse uploading all the content on my 160 GB iPod to a new computer after the old one crapped out. I am trying to use the brute force method. After duly telling iTunes NOT to "erase and synch," after checking "Enable Disk Use," and after telling windows to show hidden files ad folders, my computer still can't read the iPod as a disk in drive E and iTunes ejects the iPod right away. There is a window that pops up saying, "Enabling the iPod for disk use requires manually ejecting the iPod before each disconnect, even when automaically synching music." The only choices offered are "do not warn me again," "OK" and "cancel." Anybody know what to do?
Old 03-14-2010, 05:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have a new pc with windows 7 and I have already transferred all of my songs. how do I get the ipod to sync?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:40 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkpitt20 View Post
I have a new pc with windows 7 and I have already transferred all of my songs. how do I get the ipod to sync?
- Install iTunes
- Load all your songs into your iTunes library
- Hook up your iPod

iTunes SHOULD ask you to automatically sync your iPod with your library.

iPod Shuffle [2GB/3G] -- iPod Video 240GB -- iPod Classic 120GB -- iPod Nano 16GB [4G] -- iPod Shuffle [2GB/2G] -- iPod Shuffle 4GB
Retired: 5G 60GB, 80GB, Classic 80GB, 2G Shuffle 1GB, iPod Touch 1G 16GB, 1G Nano, 2G Nano
Old 03-15-2010, 03:40 AM

Freshman Lounger

what's Next week?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

Adding songs to a playlist in iPod Classic

I want to know if it is possible to add music to an existing playlist in my iPod Classic? The song is no longer on my iTunes. Is there a way to copy it into a Playlist, other than an On-the-Go one?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigkaplt99 View Post
I want to know if it is possible to add music to an existing playlist in my iPod Classic? The song is no longer on my iTunes. Is there a way to copy it into a Playlist, other than an On-the-Go one?
If you have the "Manually manage music and video" option selected for your iPod, then yes you can drag the song into a regular playlist. Just connect to iTunes, click on the small triangle to the left of your iPod's name to expose its contents, then find the song in the Music section and drag it to the desired playlist.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

can anyone please help me?

I have a classic 120gb ipod, and on shuffle songs it will play about 10 songs - then have a long pregnant pause, then carry on for another few songs....... it is very annoying - can I cure this please?

Also is there an alternative to itunes? I found this program to be very annoying and not particularly user friendly - not saying its not good, but just not my cup of tea!

many thanks to you genius people out there!

Steve
Old 03-26-2010, 07:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

random on the go playlist

I have an ipod classic, 160 gb, 6th generation.

Whenever I select a song to add to the on-the-go playlist my ipod adds a random song instead of the one i selected.

Ive already tried restarting. Any other suggestions??
Old 05-15-2010, 04:20 PM

Freshman Lounger

Dear all,

Is there any fix for the problems of connecting the iPod Classic 80 GB model to iTunes 9.1. The iTunes application does not recognize the iPod and freezes. Thanks for any help, this has been a big problem for a long time.........
Old 06-16-2010, 03:16 PM

Freshman Lounger

Sound Quality

I was considering upgrading to the new 160GB from the 80GB, but I was wondering if any progress has been made on the sound quality issue from that chipset as detailed here:http://homepage.mac.com/marc.heijlig...surements.html

I have had 2 creative labs players and both sound better than my 80GB ipod. I don't really want to upgrade if it has the same issues, even if the capacity is larger.
Sorry if this is a repost, but most of what I found when I searched the forums talked about sound quality in subjective terms, and not whether they actually fixed the technical problems with it.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have recently acquired a Classic 160GB and it works like all my previous IPods except---- I have always dragged music from my desktop into the IPod and did so this time. But I made some errors and so removed the music thinking I would drag a corrected version into the IPod. For some strange reason
I can't drag ANYTHING to the IPod now.

What might I have done wrong?

It is as thought the music on my desktop is missing some vital component and the IPod doesn't recognize it.

Please give any advice you deem fit.

Many thanks and regards,

Leo Wagner
lewagner@windstream.net
Old 07-08-2010, 01:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hi! I'm new here and wasn't sure where to post my question. I have a 120g Classic iPod and was wondering if there is a way to play Bejeweled and listen to music at the same time. I've looked in the Settings, Extras and anywhere else I can think of. I can turn the game sounds off and music will play until I hit the wheel to drop jewels, then switch to the next song.

If there's not a way to be able to do that, I hope they can think of a way.

Oh, how do I find out what generation I have? I bought it brand new this time last year, I guess shortly before the 160g one came out. Would have waited on that had I not been an iPod newbie at that time and uninformed as to what was coming out!

Thanks!

-lisa

Topic: The Official iPod classic Discussion Thread

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.