Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Very low battery errors... fix

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-20-2007, 05:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

Very low battery errors... fix

Hey guys,

I turned on my ipod (5th generation video) the other day and the apple logo appeared fine but then I got a error saying "http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/" with a little exclamation logo and a sad faced ipod. Ive never seen or heard of this. Next, I get a error saying "Please Wait. Very Low Battery." With a battery on top and a circle with a line through it and a circular loading icon on the bottom of that.

It runs for a minute or two and then cycles again and does the same thing. Back to apple logo and then support error and then very low battery. This is while its connected through usb to computer. It got to a point where if it wasn't connected to the usb, it would barely even turn on. Is there some sort of charging error of some sorts. Ive tried charging through my car charger and it still does the same.

What the hell is going on? The last year my ipod has been fine, no drops or anything.

Please help me before I kill someone out of anger. Fix this and I will name my first born after you forum ID.

Hope you can help guys. Thanks much in advance.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

now this sounds crazy, but it works. . .I have cured an ipod by using this method

http://www.spillingcoffee.com/2006/0...sad-ipod-icon/

it takes some heart and usually a couple of drinks first but from my personal experience it works.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 AM

Freshman Lounger

Fixed

FIXED!! I NO LONGER GET THE SAD IPOD FACE NOR THE CHARGING ERROR. HERE ARE MY SOLUTIONS FOR THESE TWO COMMON ERRORS....

I went to see a genius at my local Ipod store and I basically got no help from them. As soon as they saw the sad Ipod face, right away they said it was a bad hard drive, they didn't even answer me on the charging problem. They said it could have been a few things about the hard drive but they couldn't check it out because I didn't have a warranty. Kinda messed up from what I think. They could have at leased opened it up and confirm it wasn't any lose cables. I had to either keep my bad I pod, buy a refurbished one for 130.00 or buy a new one and turn in my old broken one for a ten percent discount. I did neither. I had a feeling I should search the net for a better solution before moving to one of these solutions. Well by trying some simple things, I did find the solutions...

"PLEASE WAIT. VERY LOW BATTERY" SOLUTION:
From what I read, this can be caused by tons of things but the biggest reason why not charging till the Ipod is dead. Then what happens is that the ipod gets stuck in a cycle trying to get enough power to start up. Having it connected to ANY charger will not help because the Ipod will not pick up the charger since its stuck in the cycle. What you have to do is hold down the select and play button for 10 seconds and wait till the ipod goes into disk mode. From there, you have to use a wall charger to charge it back up. It should pick it up then.

SAD IPOD FACE SOLUTION:
What I was reading on the net is that this is mostly a hard drive issue. 99 percent of the time. It could either be that the HD is dead, or the HD is not responding with the chip in the ipod, or the cable is just lose. In my case, the cable was lose. Thats why others have tried slamming it against the notepad. They do this in hopes of the cable going back into place properly. I didn't want to take this step and maybe damage the HD in the process. I got instructions to open the Ipod and take out the HD cable and put it back. I had to do this a few times, but it worked!!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

Smile it works! sad ipod icon fix

This worked!!! I am amazed. Thank you so much. I tried everything else and was getting ready to go out and buy a new IPOD. I found this thread on the forum and figured I didn't have anything to loose by giving it a try. I banged my IPOD down hard, plug side down, on a pad of paper on the kitchen table - and now it is working again!

Does anyone have any idea how long this fix works (or why it works)? Just curious. Thanks again for the good advice.
RV Russo
Old 11-10-2007, 12:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for helping me fix my Ipod video. I was getting that "please wait, very low battery" message and no matter how many times I turned it off or plugged it in to the IMac the same thing happened. After reading your post I plugged it into my car connection with the car off (I think that made it just like a wall charger) and it started taking a charge right away. There's always a solution.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Fixing this low battery error

My ipod had been displaying that error ever since I left it out in the rain. I bought a new battery and it never would charge all the way but kept some charge. Left it out overnight- starting displaying that error again. I read this thread and started resetting and pushing buttons- now I am 'disk mode' -watching my battery charge via usb. I am afraid to take it out until it shows it charged completely. How do I get out of disk mode once this is complete? Its possible my last battery was good afterall?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

Holy Crap- It worked!

I hadn't been able to use my Ipod (80gb classic) for a couple of days- I had taken it to best buy- and they flatly told me that there was nothing they could do for me short of sending it out to be looked at- which would cost $34.95 for shipping, would take approximately 2-4 weeks, and only after that span of time would they know how much repairs would cost.

I was about to look up a repair service on craigslist when I found this forum as a result of a google search.

I gave it a try- put a stack of paper on a wooden stool, and gave it a few whacks. On the third whack- I heard some whirring and clicking and sure enough it started right up. Thanks to this forum.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:32 AM

Reclined Lounger

Like a stuck Jukebox, give it a kick and the needle hops and starts playing again.
same principle, It's just a sign your hard drive is on its way out.

Dave
Forum Policy - No Advertising in Forums by Commercial Members
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Freshman Lounger

Sad ipod face solution:

I was reading on the net is that this is mostly a hard drive issue. 99 percent of the time. It could either be that the HD is dead, or the HD is not responding with the chip in the i Pod, or the cable is just losing. In my case, the cable was losing. That’s why others have tried slamming it against the notepad. They do this in hopes of the cable going back into place properly. I didn't want to take this step and maybe damage the HD in the process. I got instructions to open the I Pod and take out the HD cable and put it back. I had to do this a few times, but it worked!! now this sounds crazy, but it works . . . I have cured an iPod by using this method.

This worked out as a magic to my ipod. Thanks to your Forums.

Last edited by Azey-Man; 05-05-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:12 AM

Freshman Lounger

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_white View Post
FIXED!! I NO LONGER GET THE SAD IPOD FACE NOR THE CHARGING ERROR. HERE ARE MY SOLUTIONS FOR THESE TWO COMMON ERRORS....

I went to see a genius at my local Ipod store and I basically got no help from them. As soon as they saw the sad Ipod face, right away they said it was a bad hard drive, they didn't even answer me on the charging problem. They said it could have been a few things about the hard drive but they couldn't check it out because I didn't have a warranty. Kinda messed up from what I think. They could have at leased opened it up and confirm it wasn't any lose cables. I had to either keep my bad I pod, buy a refurbished one for 130.00 or buy a new one and turn in my old broken one for a ten percent discount. I did neither. I had a feeling I should search the net for a better solution before moving to one of these solutions. Well by trying some simple things, I did find the solutions...

"PLEASE WAIT. VERY LOW BATTERY" SOLUTION:
From what I read, this can be caused by tons of things but the biggest reason why not charging till the Ipod is dead. Then what happens is that the ipod gets stuck in a cycle trying to get enough power to start up. Having it connected to ANY charger will not help because the Ipod will not pick up the charger since its stuck in the cycle. What you have to do is hold down the select and play button for 10 seconds and wait till the ipod goes into disk mode. From there, you have to use a wall charger to charge it back up. It should pick it up then.

SAD IPOD FACE SOLUTION:
What I was reading on the net is that this is mostly a hard drive issue. 99 percent of the time. It could either be that the HD is dead, or the HD is not responding with the chip in the ipod, or the cable is just lose. In my case, the cable was lose. Thats why others have tried slamming it against the notepad. They do this in hopes of the cable going back into place properly. I didn't want to take this step and maybe damage the HD in the process. I got instructions to open the Ipod and take out the HD cable and put it back. I had to do this a few times, but it worked!!
THE SAD IPOD FACE HAS BEEN SOLVED
Thanks heaps Frank_White my ipod is on disk mode and charging, wo ho!! can't wait till the lost and gvien ipod to me, by a friend, who found difficulty trying to make it work because of the SAD FACE ERROR. I found the information from you whom also had the same problem, but found the solution to fix it Wo ho!! AWESOME!!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:32 PM

keepin'downtheunderground

I have bought replacement hard drives and replacement Zif Cables and the only way to get my ipod to work is if the CASE is open. Dont believe me? Take a look
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2eumszr&s=5

Old 07-08-2010, 05:27 AM

Freshman Lounger

i am not able to use my 80gb ipodthere is sad face ipod error please help me
Old 10-06-2011, 03:12 AM

Freshman Lounger

Red face

i seriously wanna cry my ipod stoped working in about febuary and i had it plugged up for about a month long and all that was showing up on the screen was please wait very low battery. it has been in a box under my bed untill last night. i was bored and decited to pulg it in to see what would happen. i was very happy when it started working. i downloaded itunes. all my songs and what not were there. you honestly dont know how happy i was. i wanted to transfer my songs from my ipod to my itunes library. so i looked up how to thru this site and i was told to eject it from itunes and now this damn message is up again. i tried holding down the select and play button and nothing has happened. i just ordered a wall charger from ebay because all i have is this beat up usb one from my mom. (i gave her my brand new charger i bought because of this message. so i know its not the charger) please help me. i wanna slam my face into a wall and go on a killing spree.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:32 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by russo View Post
This worked!!! I am amazed. Thank you so much. I tried everything else and was getting ready to go out and buy a new IPOD. I found this thread on the forum and figured I didn't have anything to loose by giving it a try. I banged my IPOD down hard, plug side down, on a pad of paper on the kitchen table - and now it is working again!

Does anyone have any idea how long this fix works (or why it works)? Just curious. Thanks again for the good advice.
RV Russo
7 years later, this fix still works. Unreal. Been struggling for days. 3 whacks on a notebook and it's working.

Topic: Very low battery errors... fix

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.