Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod mini compactflash mod + rockbox

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPod mini compactflash mod + rockbox

done this today(pics here) , and i had to recompile rockbox to get it to work properly. rockbox tells the cf card to go to sleep as if it were a hard drive. this causes problems and it won't wake up. so it just plays one song and it dies

this is for 1st gen ipod mini's only [i think] i will compile for 2g on request
firmware is here if anyone wants it http://97k.eu/download/rockbox_MiniCF_1G-180507.zip

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:00 AM

Freshman Lounger

Smile Firmware compiled for mini with 8 GB CF card

This sounds exactly like my problem. I changed a broken 4 GB Harddrive from my 2nd Gen iPod mini for a CompactFlash card (Transcend 8 GB 120x). It works smoothly with Apple Firmware but freezes and locks up with Rockbox.

I'd greatly appreciate if you could compile a Firmware for CF-modded 2nd Gen iPod minis.

Or could you alternatively explain how one can compile a running Firmware for this purpose?

Thanks in advance
Chris
Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNError
This sounds exactly like my problem. I changed a broken 4 GB Harddrive from my 2nd Gen iPod mini for a CompactFlash card (Transcend 8 GB 120x). It works smoothly with Apple Firmware but freezes and locks up with Rockbox.

I'd greatly appreciate if you could compile a Firmware for CF-modded 2nd Gen iPod minis.

Or could you alternatively explain how one can compile a running Firmware for this purpose?

Thanks in advance
Chris
ok I compiled one based on today's snapshot. I have no idea at all if this works, if it doesnt work then wipe the CF card and start over. I have no 2G ipod to test it on, I would have had but it got stolen/lost in the post.

All I did was changed the part where it says IPOD_NANO to IPOD_MINI2G in the firmware/drivers/ata.c file of the source code. for the 1g mini I would change this to IPOD_MINI other than that its the same as just compiling an ordinary image. I'm using linux so that makes things a bit easier, there is a rake of stuff you have to install if you want to make one on windows

http://97k.eu/ul/bin/rockbox-20070621-ipodmini2g_cf.zip

let me know if this works
Old 06-24-2007, 07:27 AM

Freshman Lounger

No permission to download :-(

Thanks a lot. but i can't download the file, I always get the 403 Error no permission. could you change the download rights so I can download it?

Thanks a lot in advance
Old 06-28-2007, 07:42 AM

Freshman Lounger

Talking Success!!! Thank You!

I compiled my firmware from source now, and followed your "renaming-workaround".

I havn't had any crashes ever since.

Using Ubuntu-Linux, compiling your own firmware is no big deal really.

Thanks a lot again.

Topic: iPod mini compactflash mod + rockbox

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.