iPod mini compactflash mod + rockbox

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dankoozy

done this today(pics here) , and i had to recompile rockbox to get it to work properly. rockbox tells the cf card to go to sleep as if it were a hard drive. this causes problems and it won't wake up. so it just plays one song and it dies

this is for 1st gen ipod mini's only [i think] i will compile for 2g on request
firmware is here if anyone wants it http://97k.eu/download/rockbox_MiniCF_1G-180507.zip

TNError

Firmware compiled for mini with 8 GB CF card

This sounds exactly like my problem. I changed a broken 4 GB Harddrive from my 2nd Gen iPod mini for a CompactFlash card (Transcend 8 GB 120x). It works smoothly with Apple Firmware but freezes and locks up with Rockbox.

I'd greatly appreciate if you could compile a Firmware for CF-modded 2nd Gen iPod minis.

Or could you alternatively explain how one can compile a running Firmware for this purpose?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Dankoozy

TNError said:
This sounds exactly like my problem. I changed a broken 4 GB Harddrive from my 2nd Gen iPod mini for a CompactFlash card (Transcend 8 GB 120x). It works smoothly with Apple Firmware but freezes and locks up with Rockbox.

I'd greatly appreciate if you could compile a Firmware for CF-modded 2nd Gen iPod minis.

Or could you alternatively explain how one can compile a running Firmware for this purpose?

Thanks in advance
Chris
ok I compiled one based on today's snapshot. I have no idea at all if this works, if it doesnt work then wipe the CF card and start over. I have no 2G ipod to test it on, I would have had but it got stolen/lost in the post.

All I did was changed the part where it says IPOD_NANO to IPOD_MINI2G in the firmware/drivers/ata.c file of the source code. for the 1g mini I would change this to IPOD_MINI other than that its the same as just compiling an ordinary image. I'm using linux so that makes things a bit easier, there is a rake of stuff you have to install if you want to make one on windows

http://97k.eu/ul/bin/rockbox-20070621-ipodmini2g_cf.zip

let me know if this works

TNError

No permission to download :-(

Thanks a lot. but i can't download the file, I always get the 403 Error no permission. could you change the download rights so I can download it?

Thanks a lot in advance

TNError

Success!!! Thank You!

I compiled my firmware from source now, and followed your "renaming-workaround".

I havn't had any crashes ever since.

Using Ubuntu-Linux, compiling your own firmware is no big deal really.

Thanks a lot again.