iPod XXX Cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found - Page 2 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod XXX Cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 PM

Freshman Lounger

Just remove your photos momentarily. Some photos corrupt them. Worked immediately.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

Classic 1G iPod won't Sync Completely

I have a somewhat similar problem...

iPod drops sync and automatically dismounts @ syncing 2520 of 3819 songs. Full battery (at least it indicates so) at start. At dismount the battery indicator is blank, but there's still enough charge to light the choices. The only thing it seemed to sync is the playlist list. No tunes inside the playlists. This routine has been repeated four times, so we're consistent. iTunes 9.0.3 current, iPod 2.3.

I've tried restore and the dialog box came back and said I'd have to do it with Firewire. I'm on a MacBook Air so I can't get there from here. The iPod was originally set up on a iBook G3 on Firewire. I tried it on that and it didn't restore either.

I don't think it's a "Restore" problem. Could it be that I have a weak battery? Or is it a problem with 9.0.3, or what. Somehow I think I need professional help.

MacBook Air (80 GB storage) Mac OS X (10.6.2)
Old 02-25-2010, 06:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Nice one

Quote:
Originally Posted by auzzie23 View Post
to fix the iphone / ipod cannot be synced. The missing file cannot be found, simply do the folowing.

1) close iphoto and itunes
2) find the iphoto library in finder, most probably located in your users folder under pictures.
3) right click on iphoto library (might be named diferently) and choose show package contents
4) delete the folder caches and ipod photo cache.
5) restart iphoto
6) restart itunes
if itunes asks that the library is linked with another ipod, say yes to the warning to re sync with your ipod/ iphone

FOR WINDOWS, GOTO THE ITUNES FOLDER LOCATED IN YOUR MY MUSIC , AND DELETE THE ITUNES FOLDER

Thanks for the tip, I now have a working ipod. Good Work
Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hey guys, I found a definite solution, so please hear me out.

When you are syncing your iPod, stop the sync after the first few songs.

After that, go to "Music" under your iPod and click on "Auto Fill".

TADAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

どういたしまして
Old 07-08-2010, 02:27 AM

Freshman Lounger

Smile

Quote:
to fix the iphone / ipod cannot be synced. The missing file cannot be found, simply do the folowing.

2) find the iphoto library in finder, most probably located in your users folder under pictures.
3) right click on iphoto library (might be named diferently) and choose show package contents
5) restart iphoto
6) restart itunes
if itunes asks that the library is linked with another ipod, say yes to the warning to re sync with your ipod/ iphone

FOR WINDOWS, GOTO THE ITUNES FOLDER LOCATED IN YOUR MY MUSIC , AND DELETE THE ITUNES FOLDER
this worked thank you so much for your help
Old 07-08-2010, 02:30 AM

Freshman Lounger

this worked perfect I was able to get my ipod up and running with no issues now.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:45 AM

Freshman Lounger

It Worked!!!!!!!!! Awesome thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 PM

Freshman Lounger

Solution

Hey, so i just saw this thread when the same problem happened to me, but here's something that might help if the above doesn't work:

1. In "My Pictures" on your C: drive, create a folder in which you want all of your photos to be synced to your iDevice, and copy/paste everything you want into the folder
2. In iTunes, the "Photos" section of your iDevice Summary toolbar, go to "Sync Photos from" and select the "Choose Folder" option
3. Select the folder containing all the photos that you created
4. Press "Sync"

If it makes it easier for you, make folders inside the main folder containing the photos, so you can manually select which folders you want and it would be easier to navigate on the device itself.

It was the only solution that had worked for me as the restarting iTunes and stuff didn't, but feel free to give it a try.

*Also, don't delete the folder after your Sync (for obvious reasons), or the next time you'll have to redo all the steps, it would just be easier to name the folder something like "iDevice Photos" to let yourself know what's inside, instead of some unknown name like "_"
Old 04-18-2011, 03:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Solution WORKED - Thanks auzzie23!

Quote:
to fix the iphone / ipod cannot be synced. The missing file cannot be found, simply do the following.

3) right click on iphoto library (might be named differently) and choose show package contents
5) restart iphoto
6) restart itunes

This solution worked instantly and easily for this vexing problem on my Mac Pro with iPhoto '11 and iPhone 4.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:53 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have a problem too

My iPod video 5th gen's been in disk mode for a while now, and I recently decided to try and revive it. I really want to use it but when the screen says connect to a computer and I do, the itunes detects the ipod and gives me an option to restore the device and click restore once I do it either doesn't respond or I see the error saying that itunes cannot restore because they can't find the device or something like that. I'm using a mac book pro by the way. PLEASE HELPPP
Old 04-24-2011, 03:46 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPod 5th gen not working

Solutions don't work, it's in disk mode and I have no choice but to restore but I can't restore it and also what does this have to do with iphoto? I haven't synced this ipod in like 3 years and it has been in disk mode for three years...
Old 04-30-2011, 06:15 AM

Freshman Lounger

I had the same problem with my ipod nano 5g. You must put your iPod into disk mode and than you can copy music like before.

Topic: iPod XXX Cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.