Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: System restored comp how can i put my music from my ipod back onto the comp?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-02-2007, 08:35 AM

Junior Lounger

System restored comp how can i put my music from my ipod back onto the comp?

Ok i have my good ol Ipod but my computer got some viruses and i had to system restore it. Now I want to put all my music from my ipod back onto my computer. How do i do that? when i plug it in and go to the itunes i installed it says something like only one ipod can register with 1 itunes or something and ask me if i want to sync it to this itunes but i have to erase all my music. How do i put the music and movies from my ipod back onto my computer? Please someone help

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:38 AM

iPod FrEaK

There are various third party softwares available for this purpose like Copypod, Ephpod, etc.
Just google around for them, and you should be able to find a nice freeware that'll do your job.

Apple iPod 30GB video 5G
Apple iPod Touch 16GB 2G
Old 04-02-2007, 08:46 AM

Junior Lounger

any preference on which one is best? and they all copy the video too? how does copypod work? how do i get it to select my ipod?

Last edited by RedZone; 04-02-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:24 AM

Junior Lounger

with copypod it copys em but all the videos names a screwed up so i have to rename them to get them to play. and it can only copy 100 songs? how do i fix those?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:34 AM

Freshman Lounger

You can do it for free but it's a ballache.

Open explorer when the iPod is connected to the PC and view the iPod as a hard drive. You can then copy and move all of the content from varied folders on the player to your pc. The tedium comes from importing the copied files into the iTunes library, I could only import them one track at a time and it was quite dull and time consuming work.

Topic: System restored comp how can i put my music from my ipod back onto the comp?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.