Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Manually placed artwork, not showing in cover flow - missing albums/tracks related

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-09-2007, 02:52 AM

Freshman Lounger

Manually placed artwork, not showing in cover flow - missing albums/tracks related

Hi there, been searching to see if anyone else has had this problem and an answer on how to fix it.

I have an ipod 30gb 5G - I've been doing the 'Get album artwork' some album covers have been found while others haven't.
So for the ones that haven't I've located artwork and manually dragged them into itunes.
I've made some compilations of my own, for example using b-sides of singles and given them a album name of 'B-sides' etc - I've done this thru the get info by right clicking and given them the same album details eg name and artwork - manually.

Now this is where things have gone weird. When looking at album artwork in the ' Cover Flow ' itunes screen some of the manually place artwork doesn't appear at all (while it still does on the ipod) and other manually placed artwork appears on the Cover flow.

Some album covers that have appeared on the Cover flow (manually placed ones) have disappeared or been changed to something different (most likely from the 'Get album artwork feature') I used the 'clear downloaded album artwork' while the tracks appear in my itunes they aren't on my ipod.

As I don't have a huge space on my laptop I back up my itunes on disc. When sync to my ipod I delete the files from computer (after making a back up disc or recent cd's I have already put on my ipod)

What I think has happend is as the cover art has changed automatically while the files are no longer in my computer - the next time I have synced the ipod has erased that album because it couldn't find it to change the artwork.

What happens if I dont' want that artwork changed.

As for my bsides cd. All tracks have gone missng apart from one that remains with cover artwork different to what I originally created. (The artwork is suited to the song so it is obviously been found in a search.)

I hope all this makes sense.

How do I stop the automatic changing of artwork to albums I have manually made artwork for.
And why are my tracks missing?

Thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:44 AM

Laid-back Lounger

When you go to the Artwork tab in Get Info, can you see album covers you've downloaded?

5.5G 80Gb iPod and iSkin eVo3
1G 2Gb Nano
Sennheiser CX300s|Kensington Digital FM Transmitter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ron519098/
Old 02-09-2007, 08:26 AM

Freshman Lounger

Strangely the one I have manually inserted has gone, and been replaced with the automatically downloaded one.
I know for a fact it originally transfered the one I manually put on, as I saw it on my ipod.

I can't work out why some albums have disappeared on my ipod. they are still in my itunes but not on the ipod.

thanks

Topic: Manually placed artwork, not showing in cover flow - missing albums/tracks related

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.