Corrupted file system

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Denominator

Hi

I've just bought a blue Nano 4GB. I have Windows XP, using the latest iTunes and the USB-cable included in package. There have been problems from the start. The first time I managed to update the iPod with my songs, but when trying with pictures it responded with errors. The second time I wanted to update it the battery charging took forever even though battery was almost full. And when I started iTunes the iPod froze and it displayed Do not disconnect even with the cable disconnected. This I managed to fix with a restart (menu and center buttons). Then I sat for many hours trying to get iPod to sync with my song library. I got the -48 Unknown error, and errors about a particular song being corrupted and also iTunesPref file being corrupted. So there was no update, because iTunes froze on song 1 complaining about I/O timeout. Frustrated I tried the next morning. I still got corrupted file errors but now it synced my song library. So that was nice. But the iPod continues to behave oddly. Every time I plug it in and start iTunes I must choose a name. I can't use chkdsk because a process already uses it. I can't reset it because files are already in use. I can't even dismount it because of already in use. I get -48 errors all the time.
Can someone please help me? I'm so close going back to store and replace it or getting money back.