Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Songs played on iPod do not show up in iTunes

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-04-2007, 03:17 PM

Junior Lounger

Songs played on iPod do not show up in iTunes

I have found that since I have been issued with a new Ipod Video by Apple some of the songs I play on my iPod whilst travelling do not actually appear on iTunes when I connect it to my PC.

I can listen to 10 songs in a row on my iPod, but when I check the recently played playlist after updating, it only displays 6 or 7 of those songs. Why are some tracks not registering?

BTW, ALL my tracks are AAC mp3s.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:21 PM

The first question to ask is if you are listening to these songs to the very end. Skipping them will mean the playcount doesn't register.

The second question is do you alter tag information in iTunes between syncs. If you do this, the new version of the song from iTunes get's transfered to the iPod before it get's a chance to send new playcount data to iTunes, so the recent play can be lost.

5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by studogvetmed
The first question to ask is if you are listening to these songs to the very end. Skipping them will mean the playcount doesn't register.

The second question is do you alter tag information in iTunes between syncs. If you do this, the new version of the song from iTunes get's transfered to the iPod before it get's a chance to send new playcount data to iTunes, so the recent play can be lost.
Yeah, I suppose it must be the 2nd question.

I always update my tags (i.e. add artwork and amend composer etc.) in between syncs, but then again, I have never noticed this problem before.

The solution would be what? Always update the iPod after amending tags BEFORE playing anything on the iPod?

Topic: Songs played on iPod do not show up in iTunes

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.