Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Please Wait, Very low battery

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 12-16-2006, 03:53 PM

Freshman Lounger

Please Wait, Very low battery

Hi I am getting the "Pleas wait, Very lowq battery".. The monochrome one as per this article http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60970 . I have had the ipod plugged in for an hour and it has not changed I tried to reset it, still not luck. I tried my wifes Ipod to see if that would change and it does... Anybody have any ideas?.. My pod is 8 months old and has been great until today..

thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:44 PM

Freshman Lounger

Please Wait, Very low battery

One other thing I did not mention. When plugging in last, itunes installed 1.2.1 firmware... Notsure if that as anyuthing to do with this, but thought i would mention it

p2
Old 12-16-2006, 04:59 PM

Post which iPod you are talking about and using. When was the last time you used & charged the iPod?
Old 12-16-2006, 07:49 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hi

I am using a 5G video black... 30 gb... Had it for 10 months... It charged fine on Thrusday and I was usin it on a flight. I put it in its cradle and it seemed fine on friday.. Today though it was dead....
Old 07-06-2007, 02:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

I am having the exact same problem with my iPod 80GB with Video. Starting today I am getting the same message when plugged into my computer using my USB, but when I put in in my cradle in the car it tells me it's charged and seems to work fine. When I take it out of the cradle though it dies and I can't turn it on. Any suggestions?
Old 07-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Freshman Lounger

Same problem here.

My 80gb 5th gen cannot for the life of me charge from my USB cable to comp, but my gf has an ITower that charges it just fine.

Any idea what's wrong? I noticed some posts about this on apple's forum as well.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 AM

Junior Lounger

Exclamation

Hi all,

I've just had the non-animated 'very low battery' symbol appear on my 80GB iPod Video for the first time in over 1.5 years of ownership ... I accidentally left it in a cold car overnight in an almost fully-discharged state .... I guess it didn't like it ...

However after a few minutes of being connected to my computer's USB port it came back to life (PHEW I was relieved ....)

Is it anything to worry about? Is the battery on the way out?

Cheers,

David
Old 07-18-2007, 11:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

Wow! I am new here and not encouraged by the lack of response to this question over the course of a year. I too have he same question. Guess i will go elsewhere for support.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten4b
Hi I am getting the "Pleas wait, Very lowq battery".. The monochrome one as per this article http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60970 . I have had the ipod plugged in for an hour and it has not changed I tried to reset it, still not luck. I tried my wifes Ipod to see if that would change and it does... Anybody have any ideas?.. My pod is 8 months old and has been great until today..

thanks
With previous MP3 players I just give them a good shake and that seems to do the trick
Old 07-19-2007, 10:47 AM

Senior Lounger

warning that many don't know

USB 1 on older computers do not supply enough power to charge an ipod.

only usb 1.1 or 2 can charge the ipods.

Check your hardware on your computer. if it's not charging via USB, you likely have usb 1 ports
Old 07-19-2007, 03:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

very low battery + clicks

i have a friend with the same very low battering problem.
it also is clicking quite a bit internally
as if the hard drive was caught up in some loop

i dont currently have a wall adapter on me
but that will be the next attempt...

i just hope the battery running VERY low has not caused some HD confusion!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

i'm having the problem that woogford is having.
when i plug my 80GB ipod into the wall charger i bought it says that it's charged.
but when i unplug it it dies and tells me that the battery is dead.
i tried plugging it into my computer but it only flashes the apple logo and then says "please wait, very low battery".
it also won't show up in itunes for me to set it back to where it was when it came from the factory.

i'm getting really really frustrated
what in the world is wrong with it?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:27 PM

Freshman Lounger

nobody's come up with a way to fix this yet? i have the same exact problem.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

The same thing happened to my ipod video 30 gb about a month ago...it worked when it was plugged to the car but when I unplugged it or plugged it to the computer, the "Very low battery" appeared and the ipod went dead. Took it to Apple and they told me that for some reason the energy wasnt getting stored in the battery (duh) and he replaced it with a new one since it was under the one year waranty.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Freshman Lounger

Same problem here.

Just happened this morning. I woke up and checked my iTunes but there was no iPod detected.

I know for a fact that I have USB 2.0.

Will I have to take it in and get the battery replaced? Because that could pose a problem: I don't have my music on my PC. I throw it on my iPod and then remove it from my computer (simply for space).

I just now tried a hard reset, it did reset. It got to the Apples logo, loaded up, and when it did it gave me the same message. I plugged it into my computer and it once again gave me the message. I guess I'll be making a stop at the Apple store soon...

Last edited by nyiddle; 08-06-2007 at 11:16 AM.

Topic: Please Wait, Very low battery

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.