Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: DO NOT USE: ipodmechanic.com problems

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 PM

Freshman Lounger

DO NOT USE: ipodmechanic.com problems

Just wondering if any of you have had any problems with ipodmechanic.com?
I sent my 4th gen ipod in for a broken hard drive in early May. When they received it, they diagnosed the problem and gave me the estimate. I paid $179.00 through paypal and then didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I e-mailed, but all I got was automated responses stating that they were very busy. Then out of the blue, they sent an e-mail stating that they "found it". After another week and a half, I opened a dispute through paypal. Ipodmechanic e-mailed me that same day stating that it was fixed and did not get sent. They stated that if I dropped the dispute, they woud send me my Ipod. That was a week and a half ago, And still nothing bu automated responses from them.
Is my Ipod and my money lost?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-26-2006, 03:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

I've heard bad things about this company at other forums. I would suggest calling them, or at least trying to find a number. I don't think they can refuse to send you your own product just because you have an open dispute with them. If you have to, threaten legal action or something just to scare them.

Good luck getting your iPod back.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:16 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPodmechanic received my iPod photo on the 6/19 at which time I received an email saying they would email me shortly with the results of the diagnostics. I have not heard a word since. I have emailed them twice but all I am getting back is the same automated message you received. I sure hope this is not a pattern with these guys. We shall see.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:50 PM

There have been a lot of complaints about ipodmechanics.com and I would advise anyone else not to use that site for any repairs in the future.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:59 AM

Junior Lounger

If you do a reverse address lookup based on the address on their website, you get:

(269) 342-4934 and the name Nicholas Woodhams
Old 06-27-2006, 10:05 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks, I will call him today and I will post his response.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

I put the address listed into Google Earth. It's a residence. My guess is it's the iPod Mechanic's home. FYI.

iPod Mechanic
832 Weaver Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49006

Also, whois lists another number (269)217-4245.

Last edited by Gearbox; 06-28-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

I called both numbers, but no one answered.
Upgraded my dispute with paypal and got my money back.
Same day he e-mailed me and said that they are under staffed. He said he would send my "broke" Ipod back if I paid shipping. Otherwise, he would keep it to cover charge.
I agreed to pay, but no response. Guess my Ipod is lost.

By the way, they told me it was fixed before, but now they say it is still broke.
They are just full of s**t
Old 07-07-2006, 08:49 AM

iPodMechanic
Banned

iPod Mechanic

Very sorry for the bad experience tprcam had, we refunded him and we will send the iPod back. We haven't been able to reply quickly to emails and we're working on finding the right staff to help. Again very very sorry we are working hard to help. Everyone will get their iPods back we do not steal them.

Best regards,
Nicholas woodhams
iPodMechanic.com Owner
Old 07-07-2006, 11:57 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodMechanic
Very sorry for the bad experience tprcam had, we refunded him and we will send the iPod back. We haven't been able to reply quickly to emails and we're working on finding the right staff to help. Again very very sorry we are working hard to help. Everyone will get their iPods back we do not steal them.
In the same situation, ready to seek legal action, 24hr turnaround my A**, been
a week and it has'nt been tested yet, if I was close to MI I would pay
him a visit (and it would be plesant) ... as it is I might have a short plan flight!!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:10 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Need response from iPod Mechanics

How come if one tries to contact iPOD Mechanics we get no answer. Whould be nice to even be able to talk to somebody. I do not live in the US I am here for short period. I trusted a quick turnaround but now it's taking already one month.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:44 PM

Freshman Lounger

Have to be fair, received my iPOD today, it works perfectly. Still keep my first comment, that iPOD mechanic should work on it's customer service specially if they really are overloaded. A customer wants to know what he/she is up to. Even if this means a lead time of 6 weeks...
Old 07-25-2006, 07:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Nay I Say

BEE-ES.
I sent my iPod into this man one and a half weeks ago, and I have just now recieved it. I do not believe that this man is a theif, just a little short-handed doing all this by his-self. Thank you, kind Nicholas. Thank you. (takes dramatic fall as curtains close.)
Old 08-22-2006, 11:34 AM

iPod Mechanic

Hello this is Jessica from iPodMechanic.com I would like to assist all of you who have had problems with our company. From what I have mostly been reading is people are having problem with the amount of time it has taken us to complete their order. We have staffed many more employees to keep up with all the incoming orders and high demand. If you had a problem or have a problem please contact me at info@ipodmechanic.com I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

Sure Jessica, the time is a factor, but my two biggest problems are #1. after sending my iPod to you twice -- it still doesn't work. and #2. no communication -- I have called numerous times and left messages that are never returned and I have sent e-mails that are never answered. My credit card company just today refunded my money (I think I know what that is going to mean to you -- hard to have an internet business with no charge availability --if that does happen I would have to say that your business practices would make your company deserving). By the way, my initial contact with your company was June 19th.

At this point I'm asking anyone who has had dealings with a repair company that you can recommend to please let me know. You know, a company that does what they say they're going to, communicates with you and has a reputation for some customer service. Just the opposite of iPodmechanic.

Topic: DO NOT USE: ipodmechanic.com problems

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.