Does the top 25 most played list update without itunes?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

snoopbobb

does it update automatically when i'm playing music on the ipod, without connecting it to the computer?

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
I haven't noticed lately. I'll take Holydoc's word for it, but for me it doesn't update like it used to. I'll make sure I have the latest iPod software, but I remember that there was a period of time when Apple took that feature off the iPod's software.

Holydoc

mjmoonwalker said:
I haven't noticed lately. I'll take Holydoc's word for it, but for me it doesn't update like it used to. I'll make sure I have the latest iPod software, but I remember that there was a period of time when Apple took that feature off the iPod's software.
You are correct Moonwalker. Firmware 1.1 fixed a problem where the Smart Playlists were not working correctly. Firmware 1.1.1 works fine as well.

The only time I have found that Smart Playlists do not work correctly is if your Smart Playlist uses one of the following commands or references a playlist with one of the following commands:

Podcast > is > [True or False]
Playlist > is [or is not] > Video

These above commands will currently cause your Smart Playlists not to update on your IPOD automatically. However the smart playlist will work fine in Itunes.