Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: HELP! My Ipod has a white screen and it wont...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-09-2006, 11:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

HELP! My Ipod has a white screen and it wont...

HELP! My Ipod has a white screen and it wont turn off! It just stays at a white screen and wont turn on or off. When I try connecting it to my PC it dosent recognize it either.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:11 PM

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!

Try a reset. Toggle the hold switch on and off, you might need to repeat this step. And then hold the menu and center buttons. That will do the trick.

~Nate~
Old 04-10-2006, 07:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

yea I've already tried everything but didnt work! I guess I will just have to send it in... Good thing it is still in the warranty period... What steps did you guys have to go through to get a warranty?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 PM

Veteran Lounger

You already have a warranty. For a repair/replacement, just contact Apple service/support thru their website.

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 | nVidia 8800GT | Windows Vista Ultimate
iPod Classic 160GB | iPod Touch 32GB | iPod Shuffle 1GB | Electric Avenues Pocket Amp 2 V2 | Shellbrook Labs Super Mini Moy Amp | Practical Devices XM3 Amp | Shure E500PTH | Westone 3 | Shure E4c
Old 04-11-2006, 01:21 AM

Junior Lounger

same thing happened to me so i searched the boards and found this solution.

step 1: toggle hold switch on and off
step 2: press and hold menu and the center button until the screen gloes blank (mine beeped i dunno if yours is doing this also)
step 3: immediately after you see the blank screen, press and hold play/pause and the center button. i held it for a while...not really sure how long.

at first nothing happened, but then after i had stopped pressing and holding for a few seconds the apple logo popped up and then after maybe a minute my ipod was back to normal. this worked for some other people as well. give it a try.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:43 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by laxattackdog

step 2: press and hold menu and the center button until the screen gloes blank (mine beeped i dunno if yours is doing this also)
step 3: immediately after you see the blank screen, press and hold play/pause and the center button. i held it for a while...not really sure how long.

at first nothing happened, but then after i had stopped pressing and holding for a few seconds the apple logo popped up and then after maybe a minute my ipod was back to normal. this worked for some other people as well. give it a try.
That would work, but they already said that resetting it didn't work, so I'm not sure putting it into disc mode (that's what you're doing) would help too much either...

If you don't believe in Gosh, you're going to Heck! Welcome to Utah.
5g 60gig Black - 8436 songs
3g 40gig - 3120 songs
Nano 4gig Black - 600 songs
Old 04-11-2006, 10:10 PM

Junior Lounger

i don't know why, but it worked for me. resetting it did nothing, but the second part fixed it.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:30 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by laxattackdog

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! NOW I DON'T HAVE TO SEND IT IN! WHAT YOU TOLD ME WORKED! Now how do I cancel my repair that I already ordered?

Last edited by Yankoka13; 04-11-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:12 AM

Junior Lounger

i'm glad it worked for you to. it happened to me last night and it was really scary and frustrating.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:53 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Thanks

Oh my...it worked ..thanks so so much...i would have been so lost! :d
Old 05-12-2011, 12:18 PM

Freshman Lounger

if those stepes he is saying dont work just wait for ur ipod to run out of batterys i was playing xbox live with my friends i plugged in my turtle beaches to my ipod and used a sound board it was funny i clicked the home button it froze then the grey screen i woke up this morning and it was out of batterys then the no battery screen showed i plugged it in to my lap top and now i tworks

Topic: HELP! My Ipod has a white screen and it wont...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.