Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: My iPod won't charge, won't switch on, and isn't recognised in a USB port

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 04-08-2006, 05:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

My iPod won't charge, won't switch on, and isn't recognised in a USB port

I have had my iPod for over a year so can't send it back for free. My iPod won't charge, won't switch on, and isn't recognised in a USB port. It just seems dead. I have tried to reset it by pressing play and back together but it just doesn't seem to be alive.

Is this a regular problem? Has anyone got any solutions.

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

George.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:27 PM

Freshman Lounger

Menu and Play or menu and center button (depending on generation) isn't it?
Old 04-09-2006, 05:07 AM

Freshman Lounger

That was the button I meant to say and not 'back'. Still doesn't work though. Thanks for trying to help me.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:39 PM

iPod therefore I am

I have the same problem. My mother completely depleated teh battery and left it off the charger for days. The battery is completely dead. No problem, right? But when I connect it to the PC or to the AC adapter, it REFUSES to come on, refuses to charge and is not recognized by any computers. It's basically dead but nothing has been physically done to it. WTH?

I've already run through the normal attempts to reset it: Play/Pause + Menu. Menu + Select. Connecting it to the AC Adapter and holding Menu + Select. Connecting it to the AC Adapter and holding Menu + Play/Pause. Still no signs of life and it won't charge. I left it connected to the AC Adapter ALL NIGHT and still it won't turn on, take a charge... nothing. Please, can anyone help??

| Ice eXo3 | Tune Belt | Dock | Remote | iCondoms |
| Etymotic ER6i | Sony EX71 | Shure E2c (Sold) | Apple In-Ear (Sold) |

Proud Owner of a Sony PSP!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 AM

Freshman Lounger

Smile Same Thing Happened To Me!

Heyy I just fixed mine now... what you gotta do is turn the hold button on and then off and then hold the menu and centre button until the apple sign comes on... trust me it works x
Old 01-11-2009, 01:02 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babeegal
Heyy I just fixed mine now... what you gotta do is turn the hold button on and then off and then hold the menu and centre button until the apple sign comes on... trust me it works x
yeah, mabey your hold button got messed up, or mabey the connectors are stuck or something.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:09 AM

Freshman Lounger

@ Babeegal~ I was freakin out like crazy till I googled and found ILounge with your post, so I proceeded to do what you instructed and WOOHOO all is well & my IPod Touch started up with no further problems. Thanks for your posting!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

aw man!

How much did you guys have to do that? Because I was having the same problem with my ipod, and I did what you guys did..but.... nothing yet : confused:
Old 03-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

My ipod wont turn on!!

Need your help guys..so i have my ipod nano 3g for around 2-3 years now...never really used to use it..then just last week i decided to use it again..eventually coudnt live without it..found my speakers so decided to plug it in and put the ipod in it..once i put my ipod sittin it the speaker..BANG!..shut down..black screen..wont turn on..and nothing is working tried the "hold menu and middle button thing" and "hold button"..but nothing works ..HEEEELLLPPPPP..would be appreciated..!!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKuul View Post
yeah, mabey your hold button got messed up, or mabey the connectors are stuck or something.
hey i did that to my ipod ad it didnt work but it is having the same problem yours did so what should i do??
Old 04-15-2011, 06:40 PM

Freshman Lounger

yea mine is doing the same thing im so mad please help!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 AM

Freshman Lounger

Not all USB ports will charge your iPod - try changing to a different port
Old 04-14-2012, 05:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

confused!!!

Ok, My iPod is dead. So i try to plug it in to charge it and it wont charge. it is plugged in all the way! What do I do??
Old 04-21-2012, 02:08 PM

Freshman Lounger

my ipod will turn on when charging but then when i unplug it it just shuts off and act like it is dead and ive tried to reset it but i still get nothing what should i do please help
Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Help!!!!

Ok, I work at RadioShack, and yesterday I had a gentleman want to trade in his 120 gig Ipod classic. I had been wanting one for a while, so i offered to buy it from him for 40 bucks. Anyways long story short. He tells me that the battery has to be charged because he hasn't used in about 6 months. Im like no biggie, ill plug it into a dock n then plug it in again when i get home. Needless to say, the ipod isn't working. I charged it from the dock for about an hour and then tried to reset it using the menu and sleep/wake button. nada. My screen went black, or a very dim gray (however u wanna put it) and nothing happens. It looks like it wants to start the apple logo restart, but nothing, no apple, no battery icon, no indicator that it is charging. Should i look into getting a new battery, of will leaving it alone on the dock solve the issue?

Topic: My iPod won't charge, won't switch on, and isn't recognised in a USB port

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.