Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod Lost All Songs.Please HELP!!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-25-2006, 09:46 AM

Freshman Lounger

Unhappy iPod Lost All Songs.Please HELP!!!!

I left my iPod in my car over night and it was so cold that the battery died right when I turned it on.So the whole iPod reset and the apple logo came on the screen for about 5 minutes then the thing came back on and asked me what language I wanted to use.Clicked English,and then realized all the songs were gone.Is there any way to get them back.How do they just vanish without hooking them up to a computer and deleting them that way.Had no problems with it for over a year.Still turns on hope I can still use it and hopefully its not broken.HELP HELP HELP.Lost 2,303 Songs.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-25-2006, 10:01 AM

Resident Pagan Deity

PC or Mac?

Your music files should be okay.

You could try simply re-synching your iPod to iTunes. Depending on how you have your iTunes configured, it may synch your iPod with your current iTunes library. If that doesn't work and you are on a PC, do the following to see if your music files are still intact:

Start/Control Panel/Folder Options/View tab

Scroll down to Hidden Files and Folders and select (turn on) Show Hidden Files and Folders

Connect iPod and browse to:

iPod:/iPod_Control/Music

You should see previously hidden folders with names F00 - F49. These folders contain your music tracks.

You can either move the tracks manually to your PC or attempt using something like iDump or ephPod or YammiPod to move them onto your PC en mass. I'd try using one of those applications first. If still no joy, copy them manually.

Last edited by Baphomet; 02-25-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Topic: iPod Lost All Songs.Please HELP!!!!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.