Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: ipod frozen, no response at all (video)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-15-2006, 10:40 AM

Freshman Lounger

ipod frozen, no response at all (video)

What I have...
A PC with XP and a video Ipod 30gb

What I did.... I installed the disc the rebooted my PC.
After reboot plugged it in to format it... cpu did not recognize it..

i unplugged it and it was frozen. shown as locked so that i cannot click on the center button to reset it. also when plugge into the PC it is not recognized hardware. so i cannot reset it while plugged in to the PC

so it is just next to me lit up and it is not responding to me at all.

wtf do i do... very frustrated here....

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:06 AM

Resident Pagan Deity

Okay, let me do a little troubleshooting here and see if we can figure this out.

First of all, just to eliminate the obvious: you don't have the button-lock on, do you? The little switch adjacent to the headphone jack isn't showing orange, right? You said in your post that the iPod is "shown as locked", so we need to eliminate this possibility.

Second, if you disconnect the iPod from your PC and then press and HOLD the Menu and Center buttons for, say, ten seconds, your iPod does not display the Apple logo and reboot? Is that correct?

Old 02-16-2006, 09:03 AM

Freshman Lounger

re

Quote:
First of all, just to eliminate the obvious: you don't have the button-lock on, do you? The little switch adjacent to the headphone jack isn't showing orange, right? You said in your post that the iPod is "shown as locked", so we need to eliminate this possibility.
i was moving the switch back and forth, and it was staying locked.

Quote:
Second, if you disconnect the iPod from your PC and then press and HOLD the Menu and Center buttons for, say, ten seconds, your iPod does not display the Apple logo and reboot? Is that correct?
yes you are right it would not reboot... and at the time wouldnt even turn off, and the light wouldnt even dim! but i left it for an hour or so and it eventuall turned off. then coperated with me after. thanks for the help anyways....

Topic: ipod frozen, no response at all (video)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.