Brushed Steel iPod Tutorial

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Nicholas

Karma Owner
Nice tutorial. I cant seem to figure out the point of step 2 though. Why would you put the tape around the side of the ipod only on the metal? Could you clarify for me?

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
Hehe, step two is me being tired and not thinking. Its supposed to be the other way around. Put the tape on the plastic, leave the metal clear :p

fasterthanlight, come to Australia and I'll show it to you, I'll even do it for you :)

fasterthanlight

Website
www.jamieroy.com
oh ok, ill just trek all the way from canada
in fact, ill just use my super powers to fly over there
in fact, ill use my super powers to do it to my ipod, then, if i dont like it, i can just reverse it with my super powers

Nicholas

Karma Owner
OK thanks for clarification. And im with fasterthanlight, i wont do it until i see it in person.

sparks9

Adam, do you think it is possible to remove the brushed effect with some kind of polish, if people regret doing it?

It looks quite good, and prof. as you say, but I would never do that to my iPod, tho.

altcountryman

no depression
Wow - looks cool! I don't think I've got the guts to do it myself (especially since the iPod is sort of technically my wife's) but maybe someday...

theipodking

yeah, but doesn't it still leave finger marks? It will still take the oily residue off the fingers won't it?

Evil Inside

Excellent post Adam. This should be made into an article on this site. Mods?

I'm very tempted to do this to my iPod since I bought it refurbed and managed to get the front cleaned up with Brasso.

I think apple should make the iPod case like this instead of polished. Maybe you should send them the tutorial. They do listen to people.

Have you noticed, does this brushed effect help keep the back of the iPod from getting scratched?

Infamouschitlin

just finished my job. Took about twenty minutes for the back and about 2 for each side. I used scotch brite for those in the US. I don't regret it for a second. Also it got rid of every scratch on the back of the pod. If your going to do this remenber, if you mess up it will fix itself after fifteen or so strokes.