Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Opps. Don't use MMJB after iTunes

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-07-2003, 01:05 AM

Freshman Lounger

Opps. Don't use MMJB after iTunes

No need to reply, but for those "searching" when they do what I just did, here *might* be some help.

I (quite foolishly) decided that despite having a perfectly functioning iPod that I would like to see how MMJB worked with the iPod. (I am one of the few here who is a long timer user of MMJB). BIG MISTAKE! I just played with MMJB, nothing seemed to happen (after downloading the iPod plugin). But then I undocked my pod and all I had was a slow flashing apple logo. Fortunately, I did get it back after some internet searching and trial and error.

1. Tried reset ( menu and play button pressed and held at the same time), no effect

2. Finally found the hint about forcing the iPod into "firewire" mode. ( Do a reset, as above, then after you see the screen blank for a second, press the rew & ff buttons at the same time and hold them.. try it a few times.. it works.)

3. Ran the Apple updater. This was interesting, first didn't work, then finally "tried" to work. Eventually got an error, "can't mount iPod". Tried it several more times (after PC reboots) and it FINALLY reformatted the drive. (Although the udpater sat there for 10min saying Do not disconnect iPod until restore has finished... My pod screen had already switchd to Ok to disconnect so I gambled and went ahead and removed it. Lo and behold, all was good with the world. I then just used ephPod to reload my library.

All in all, not too bad... at least it came back. My lesson learned here is "don't mess with a iPod that is working!".

Thanks to others on this board who took the time to document their experiences.

Kent

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-07-2003, 02:17 AM

abc
Freshman Lounger

or the other way round!

I tried to use iTunes after MM, and finding I couldn't use it in Australia, I uninstalled it and have had major problems with MM and ephpod ever since! I agree with you, don't fix what ain't broken!

Topic: Opps. Don't use MMJB after iTunes

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.