My 4th gen Ipod won't turn back on

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jablesfables

My Battery charge was empty, so I plugged my Ipod into the wall. At first it booted up fine, and operated fine while plugged into the wall. I had recently added more music to my library, and decided I wanted to update it onto my ipod. When I plugged it into my computer, and message came on my ipod screen that said low battery! please reconnect to power source; or something like that. I thought this was strange, because it was plugged into my computer. Then ipod shut off. I have tried to recharge it in the wall outlet, but it will not turn back on. Does anybody have any idea what I can do about this or why it may have happend? I haven't had any battery problems or any real problems in general with my ipod before.

Leave it plugged in and let it charge even though nothing is appearing on the screen for at least 24 hours. You can check it after it charges for about 4or 6 hrs and reset it. If it resets then you can use it again. This method worked for others that have had this problem including myself. I toggled the hold switch back and forth a few times and then did a reset and it turned on. Charging it for a few hours worked.

Your iPod won't turn on
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60942

iPod stops responding or will not wake from sleep
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60958

jablesfables

I really appreciate your help. I thought about leaving it on the charger longer, but I was afraid it might overheat, and I would damage it further. So let me get this straight, I should allow it to charge for about 24 hours, then I should try restarting it? I have been charging it for a few hours and it still won't restart.

Last edited: