Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod does not play music, it is seriously broken!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-15-2006, 09:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Angry iPod does not play music, it is seriously broken!

My 20GB iPod...(I think it's a 4th Gen? It's an older one, I bought it in Nov. of 2004) is not working whatsoever. I normally use it only in my car, with the Griffin Itrip. Normally, when I try to play a song, it just skips through all of them really fast, like I'm pressing fast foward, but I'm not. When you DO get it to stay on one song, it says it's playing a song, but you can't hear anything but a bunch of weird static noise. It's like that when I play it in my car OR listen to it with headphones. It was working just fine before I let my mom borrow it. (How stupid was that??) She put a couple of her own songs on it and had it for about 2 weeks. It worked okay for a little bit after I got it back from her, it would do what I described above *sometimes*, and it would skip too, but only once in a while. Now it doesn't work at all. She claims she didn't do anything to it at all, but when I gave it to her so she could try to figure out for herself what was wrong with it (Apparenty she thinks she knows more than I do) she didn't even know how to get back to the Main Menu! So who knows WHAT she could have done to it, although it doesn't seem like she could have made it do all this unless she dropped it or something, which she says she didn't. I called HP technical support and the lady said since I was 20 days past warranty, it would cost $45 for her to just talk to me, not guaranteeing my iPod would be fixed. Please help?! I am DYING without my iPod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:01 PM

Money Begger

Re: iPod does not play music, it is seriously broken!

Quote:
Originally posted by laeken
My 20GB iPod...(I think it's a 4th Gen? It's an older one, I bought it in Nov. of 2004) is not working whatsoever. I normally use it only in my car, with the Griffin Itrip. Normally, when I try to play a song, it just skips through all of them really fast, like I'm pressing fast foward, but I'm not. When you DO get it to stay on one song, it says it's playing a song, but you can't hear anything but a bunch of weird static noise. It's like that when I play it in my car OR listen to it with headphones. It was working just fine before I let my mom borrow it. (How stupid was that??) She put a couple of her own songs on it and had it for about 2 weeks. It worked okay for a little bit after I got it back from her, it would do what I described above *sometimes*, and it would skip too, but only once in a while. Now it doesn't work at all. She claims she didn't do anything to it at all, but when I gave it to her so she could try to figure out for herself what was wrong with it (Apparenty she thinks she knows more than I do) she didn't even know how to get back to the Main Menu! So who knows WHAT she could have done to it, although it doesn't seem like she could have made it do all this unless she dropped it or something, which she says she didn't. I called HP technical support and the lady said since I was 20 days past warranty, it would cost $45 for her to just talk to me, not guaranteeing my iPod would be fixed. Please help?! I am DYING without my iPod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
o_O@bold

Anyways, have you tried reseting your ipod? if that doesnt work, you can try a restore. keep in mind a restore will delete everything off your ipod.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:20 PM

met my maker made him cry

restore your ipod immediately with the new ipod updater. yes, it will delete everything off your ipod but that shouldn't be a problem since you can just plug it back into your computer and add everything back that should fix it

iPod Shuffle 512MB
iPod nano 4GB
Old 01-15-2006, 10:24 PM

Audio Evangelist

My Nano wigged out like that once. I reset it and that cured the problem.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:40 PM

Senior Lounger

Definitely needs a reset. Make sure your music is stored on your computer before you do.

16 GB iPad Wi-fi
16 GB 3GS iPhone
8 GB iPhone
16 GB Touch
5.5G 80 GB Video

Topic: iPod does not play music, it is seriously broken!

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.