5G waterproof cases

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Boldav

I plan to take my 5G Ipod with me seakayaking and sailing; therefore, I needed a waterproof case to carry it. Since I already had the evo3 case and a tiny Pelican 1010 case on hand, I put them together and they were a perfect match! See picture.

The other option I'm considering for the future is using an Otterbox case which will cost $50. It's not out yet (release is on Jan 15), but my wife has one for her ipod mini, and it's really fantastic. The case is fully waterproof to 3 feet, which means you could actually use your ipod while swimming if you have waterproof headphones. Obviously it's extremely durable, and utterly moisture and dust proof. The case is basically like the Pelican case I already have but it's much, much smaller. It also has a waterproof connector that allows you to listen to your ipod when the unit is closed. It's simple to use and takes like 10 seconds to slip the ipod into the connector and to close the case tight. The only downside that I can see to the case is that there is no way to charge your ipod while it is inside, which is not a problem if you are listening to music. However, if you have a 5G 30g ipod like me, you're not going to be able to watch movies too long before you need to take the ipod out for a charge.

Attachments

Boldav

Here is the Otterbox case with the latch hanging open. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the wheel works through the case too. There's some kind of soft membrane covering it. I sure hope the one for the 5G ipod is as nice.

Attachments

Last edited:

Boldav

Here is one final picture of my 5G ipod with the Pelican 1010 case closed. I put a piece of 1/2 inch foam between the player and the earphones, and the whole package is relatively snug. By the way, I couldn't remember what I paid for this case so I looked around the internet and noticed it ran for around $10-$12. This looks like a pretty good deal considering what I recently spent on screen saver films and silicon cases.

Attachments

Last edited: