Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Available cases and overlays for 5G iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 08-01-2006, 04:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have a leather case my dad picked up in australian airport before I could find cases here in the US. it's a two piece deal. One piece hugs the iPod and covers the back, leaving the front open and that slides into a bigger case either way, with the front open or the other way with the front facing the inside for protection. Its a little tight if you don't learn how to do it right, but the belt clip is really strong. It's a little bulky, though. I can get a picture if anyone's interested.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 PM

Senor Lounger

10% off a purchase at PodsPlus, makers/sellers of the aluminum v2.
Use code AUG2006
expires 8/12/06. Might be time to decide between the v2 and the iskin evo.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:01 PM

Junior Lounger

the best buy case selection was pretty weak for 5G Ipods

what does everyone thinkof the best buy exclusive case?

5.5G 80 gig IPOD
Black
Old 08-03-2006, 03:06 PM

Well sane people don't really buy stuff there unless they like to get ripped off.

See This Before Posting!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:11 PM

Junior Lounger

I was there today lookin for a case, and the selection was weak at best

I will prob need to check some other stores

5.5G 80 gig IPOD
Black
Old 08-03-2006, 08:27 PM

Senor Lounger

And apart from the cheapy silicone ones, they're all 25-35 bucks, so you're better off spending that much ordering a quality one online. I haven't found anything really worth while at Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Walmart, or BJ's. BJ's had the Belkin kickstand for less than 20 bucks, and everyone had the hard plastic shells, but that was about it, esp, for 5g 60GB.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:45 PM

Junior Lounger

I will be buying some case tommorow, then return it when I get back from vacation

then order one online

5.5G 80 gig IPOD
Black
Old 09-20-2006, 10:10 AM

NOT a mind reader

Just noticed, the iVak does not seem to be listed.

http://www.vakaadoo.com

QFT: "The iPod is not a device in which you can store your music collection w/o having it backed up using another option. - honeybee1236"
-----
iLounge URLs: iPod/iTunes Beginner's Guide | Copy Music from iPod to Computer | iPod 101/201 | iPod FAQs | Last 24h. | vBulletin FAQ

Apple URLs: Battery Test | iPod manuals | iPod 101 | iPod Higher learning | iTunes Support | iPod and iPhone: TV Out support | Setting Vol. Limit | iPod with 2+ computers | How much stuff will fit?
Old 09-20-2006, 11:20 AM

Apple since 1983 baby

The capdase lineup should be listed. I have the brushed stainless steel case for my 80GB Video and it's by far the best iPod case I've ever owned. I've had the eVo3, Core Case, Agent 18 among others, and this is the best one.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:55 AM

Junior Lounger

Updated.

FYI, no link = no update.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:48 AM

Apple since 1983 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets
Updated.

FYI, no link = no update.
http://www.vinko.com/php/shop/index....tion=section-4
Old 09-22-2006, 10:51 AM

Junior Lounger

Novice here. Just ordered a new 30g ipod and want to know if anyone has seen the new CLARO case by iskin? It is suppose to be lint free, unlike the evo3 case. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

I just got an itector at http://www.itector.com Its an aluminum case with a pretty neat closing mechanism. you should check it out.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:09 AM

Freshman Lounger

Logic 3 Armour Case

Logic3 Armour Case-- hard plastic case w/silicone wheel cover-- that doesn't say waterproof, but protects from wet, dirt, dust. Couldn't find the website to see what kind of cusion it has, unfortunately.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

First-Time Application of InvisbleShield

I hope somebody finds this info useful when applying an IS or BSE for the first time like I just did:

First off, a glass or two of wine before starting might help lower frustration or anxiety levels. I also bought an IS for my cell phone, so I had a little practice before taking the Ipod plunge. I decided to try a “half & half” method on the Ipod; that is, I peeled back half of the IS, cut off the paper backing on that half only, and applied the wet shield to the appropriate area. I then repeated this for the other half. I felt like I had better control this way by not having to precariously balance the entire piece over the Ipod for perfect placement. The only caveat is you’d better get the first half on very accurately. Overall I’m pleased with the results. The only negative factors are indeed mild and only a matter of one’s own perspective. While the IS-covered Ipod is still glossy and handsome, there is a very slight “dappled-effect” on the surface of this material, which is not noticeable at all when the screen is lit. Every square centimeter of the Ipod is not protected, and I do like the option of being able to cover the bottom port (like with the Evo3). I guess these things are minor, considering the protection it affords. It really is as tough as they present it on their website vids.

Black 5.5G Ipod Video 30Gb

Topic: Available cases and overlays for 5G iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.