HELP! I Accidentally deleted iTunes folder

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

asrjcb

HELP! I Accidentally deleted the iTunes folder in the My Music folder so I lost the two files

iTunes Library.itl
iTunes Music Library.xml

As I understand it, these files contain all the play counts, ratings, etc. and I've spent weeks getting this info the way I want it and don't want to lose it.

I have all my mp3 files on my desktop computer HD under a seperate directories, so I'm not worried about loosig origninal music files. I don't have iTunes copying the files when I add them to the library and I do have "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" checked. I have not relocated any of the original music files.

I have not auto synced my iPod, and I can open the iPod in iTunes and all my songs, with play counts, ratings, etc. are there. I just want to get the playlists, play counts. ratings, catagories, etc. back to my PC.

Is there any way to get the playlists, play counts. ratings, catagories, etc. from the data on the iPod and recreate the .itl & .xml files on my PC? I see there are many files on the iPod two of which look promising "iTunesDB" & "iTunesPlaylists".

Can someone please tell my how to recreate just the .itl & .xml files by using the info on the iPod itself? Again, I have not relocated or lost any of the original music files, I just want to get the playlists, play counts. ratings, catagories, etc. back that are stored in the .itl file.

I really don't want to have a software utility copy the info over as then I will have two copies of my music files and I've spent a lot of time organizing and naming the mp3 files just the way I want (not the way iTunes wants).

I've read many posts and it seems many have screwed up recovery by trying things without clear direction.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited:

asrjcb

Thanks for the quick response as I'm wanting to try and get it recovered.

The article you referenced did not answer my specific questions, rather a general description of how to get songs (mostly). I've got the songs, what about the playlists, ratings, & other info from the iPod to the PC?

Have a good holiday.