Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Play/Pause & Turn Off on 30 gig iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-26-2003, 02:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

Play/Pause & Turn Off on 30 gig iPod

Pushing and holding Play/Pause on this new model shuts iPod off, but when it restarts it is in Pause mode. Another push of Play/Pause starts Play, but the 20 gig model, which I'd gotten used to, shut off clean without going into Pause. Is this direct-to-Pause the way the 30 gig is meant to function, or do I have a glitch? I'm also concerned that remaining in Pause mode, even when shut off, may adversely effect battery life. Any ideas/opinions greatly appreciated. I'm using iPod with Windows XP home and ephpod.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-26-2003, 05:46 PM

welcome to ipodlounge, anadarko!

staying in pause mode when shut off or at any other time doesn?t affect the battery. the ipod is always on, only sleeping when you switch it off. that?s why it?s response time is so quick. if you are trying to save battery life by directly switching it off, you?re not saving any more than pausing it and letting it go to sleep on it?s own. i don?t have the new ipod, so i can?t say if it?s a glitch, but i doubt it. i think that?s how it works now.

"podVader" 20GB iPod U2 Special Edition/Etymotic ER-6i Panther ^^
Old 05-26-2003, 06:49 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by mrm
welcome to ipodlounge, anadarko!

staying in pause mode when shut off or at any other time doesn?t affect the battery. the ipod is always on, only sleeping when you switch it off. that?s why it?s response time is so quick. if you are trying to save battery life by directly switching it off, you?re not saving any more than pausing it and letting it go to sleep on it?s own. i don?t have the new ipod, so i can?t say if it?s a glitch, but i doubt it. i think that?s how it works now.
mrm is right about it not affecting your battery. and no, this is not a glitch. it's a change apple made to the ipod's behavior. btw, i have the 30gb model myself.

ocinataS
Old 05-26-2003, 10:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks to you both for fast replies and very welcome information. Greatly appreciated.

Topic: Play/Pause & Turn Off on 30 gig iPod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.