Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Stuck in Diagnostic Test

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-16-2005, 01:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Stuck in Diagnostic Test

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. I accidently entered into the diagnostic test after having my ipod 5G in my pocket. It ran the first few tests fine but when I got to the Accessorize Test, it completely froze up. The screen now reads:

Accessorize Test

Please plug FW
LCD ID : 1
FWPWR: 0

I've tried just about anything to get it "un-frozen", which includes resetting, plugging into my computer (it doesn't show up btw), but nothing is happening.

My backlight is on, so I figure sooner or later the battery will die out and maybe I'll have a chance at resetting it.

Any solutions on how to get out?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:31 PM

Senior Lounger

You might try turning the Hold switch on and off and then attempt the Reset again. Sometimes that works.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Same problem

I have the same type of problem. My iPod is currently not booting, instead only displaying the Apple logo over and over. Rebooting does nothing to fix this problem, so I tried to put it into Diagnostic mode and maybe then get iTunes to even recognize the iPod again. While going through the tests, I get stuck on Accessorize Test. I've unplugged the FW/USB connector, but it still doesn't do anything to move past this test. If I reboot to get off of the Accessorize Test I go back to the original problem. If anyone has figured this out, please let me know. Thnx.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootdown42
I have the same type of problem. My iPod is currently not booting, instead only displaying the Apple logo over and over. Rebooting does nothing to fix this problem, so I tried to put it into Diagnostic mode and maybe then get iTunes to even recognize the iPod again. While going through the tests, I get stuck on Accessorize Test. I've unplugged the FW/USB connector, but it still doesn't do anything to move past this test. If I reboot to get off of the Accessorize Test I go back to the original problem. If anyone has figured this out, please let me know. Thnx.
For your issue, reboot, but this time put the iPod into forced disk mode (select/play). Connect to your computer. You will likely need to restore the iPod: See This article for more information on only showing the apple logo.

For the OP, if you can not reset to get out of the diagnostic mode, I'm not sure what to tell you.... Old thread for the Op, must have had the battery die by now...

Good luck.

5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 08-11-2007, 11:13 AM

Freshman Lounger

I had the same problem. Solved it by pressing menu and centre for 10 seconds. That restored it to normal and got my ipod to connect again with iTunes. Hope this helps you too.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:39 AM

Freshman Lounger

Pearlybear
You saved the day .... Thank you for your input it worked for me also

Thank you sooooooo much <3
Old 08-12-2007, 02:26 AM

Veteran Lounger

Is this safe to do on the iPod? Is it like disc utility for the Mac? I read you could find out bad sectors using that method. Does it affect the files at all or wear the drive down?

5G 80GB iPod Video, 2G 1GB iPod Shuffle, 2GB iPod Shuffle, 1G 1GB iPod Nano

iLounge: All things iPod, iPhone, iTunes and Beyond.

Proud iLounger.

Topic: Stuck in Diagnostic Test

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.