Ebay clear protector for 5G - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Ebay clear protector for 5G

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:11 AM

Pod obsessed

Smile Ebay clear protector for 5G

Hi All

I ordered a clear protector for my 5G 30GB off of ebay. It was $9.98 USD shipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

It took exactly a week to get to me in California from Hong Kong. I think this one is a slightly cheaper "knock off" of the Martin Fields clear protector. It comes with a front panel, back panel and click wheel protector and also instructions and a cleaning cloth in retail packaging. For what I paid for it, I don't think it was a bad deal.

Now I think this seller is selling these clear protectors with a silicone case bundled for I believe a total of $11.99 shipped. I have a silicone case on order from another ebay seller but I did get one of the silicone cases from this particular seller for my husband's Nano and it too came with a free front and back clear protector ... and the black silicone case for the Nano is actually pretty nice, although it only works with an arm band (no clip) ... it's a matte black and dust resistant silicone.

Here's the link to the ebay seller's store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Wallpaper-i-s...toreviewQQtZkm

Sorry I don't have a camera to take pics but it is really nice. (If I can get a hold of a camera, I will snap some shots). It has a glossy finish. As with the Martin Fields, it's challenging to apply but it does seem to be washable/dryable as I did it with the back protector because I got dust under it. But with some patience, the final result is very nice. This particular protector is "sandwiched" between two outer layers and each layer has a convenient "tab" to help with the application. It really was pretty easy to apply ... it's lining it up that can be difficult

Sorry this is so long but I thought I would add this in case anyone was interested in a Martin Fields type clear protector for a little cheaper ... and also a silicone case.

Pam

Pam
Old 11-08-2005, 01:42 AM

Veteran Lounger

interesting it looks very nice and seems that it would protect your ipod. however it doesn't cover the sides of the ipod. onl the front back and click wheel.

Click the image to open in full size.
30gb iPod photo- has been sent to my aunt. She loves it, and is very careful with it, as I've heard. Hopefully I can get it back when the battery dies or the hard drive fails.

30gb iPod video- just got it as of 12/13/05 YAY!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 01:49 AM

Pod obsessed

Yeah, I know ... that's a drawback ... but it didn't bother me that it didn't have side protection. For those who want protection on the sides, this would not be for you. Pam

Pam

Topic: Ebay clear protector for 5G

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.