My iPod died

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kreden

Please help me.

I accidently formatted my iPod by request from my lame computer. For a couple of hours it only shows the apple icon on the screen and now its complety dead, and I can't turn it on. After formating it, i plugged it into my computer, and iPod Manager popped up, and wanted me to update my iPod. I updated it, and turned it on. When turning it on the apple icon showed in a few moments, and then a icon of the iPod dock showed up, and moments after it died. At that point, i was very confused and didn't know what to do. I plugged it in the Power Dock, and it showed a apple icon, and then it went TOTALLY dead. Now i can't turn it on.
What can i do ?

Please help me :confused:

jrotten

I have had the same problem

I did the exactly the same thing and now I have an expensive paper weight. I cannot get an answer to how to fix it. It has been 3 days and my iPod is dead. When I hold the MENU and PLAY buttons I hear a click but it is still dead.

I have tried to charge the iPod and drain the iPod. My XP machine will not recognize the drive until it turns on so I cannot update the OS.

I feel your pain!

marnixdv

What you have to do, is get your Ipod in discwrite mode.

I've done it before, but can't tell what key combination it was exactly, probably something like skip left, skip right. And holding the keys. When you're in discwrite write mode (or whatever it's called), then you can start the restore program

m.r.m.

for one it?s given in the faqs. anyway, reset your ipod (press and hold play/pause+menu at the same time). while it?s resetting press and hold ff+rw. this puts it into firewire diskmode. then you can run the updater. ought to solve your problem. i suspect the reason your ipod "died" in the first place is because the battery ran out because of the spinning harddrive when the apple symbol was displayed. make sure your ipod has enough juice while doing this or it?s connected to a powered firewire cable.

kreden

It doesnt work? or can i be doing the wrong thing? I cant see anything on the screen.

oohbigbrain

dead ipod

I also have the same problem... Mine is a gen 2, 20 GB WIN.
But I didn't even try to update it, it just died!
It doesn't respond to any button-combinations (like reset), but I can hear a "click" inside it. Nothing happens when I connect it to my PC, nor when I try to charge it with the normal charger.
Any hints?
THanks