ipod frozen on screen with apple logo

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

danielab87

just like the title says my ipod is frozen on the screen with the apple logo. this has happened before and i would just soft reset and it would work or i would just hit some buttons and it would work. that does not seem to be working at all though. has anybody ever had this problem and how can i fix it?

danielab87

also the backlight has stayed on and the battery died. i plugged it into the computer and it came up with the little thing showing that it wasn't charged, the empty battery or whatever, but when i plugged it into the wall, it just went to the apple logo screen and froze there. it just won't go past that screen

danielab87

i have not tried to restore it. right now i really want to be able to fix it and not lose all of my music because a lot of the music was borrowed from people and stuff and i only have the cds for like 25% of what was on there. i'm trying to find a way to fix it without restoring it

elderado

The same exact thing is happening to me right now! It's been like this for almost two whole days now. I'm afraid that the apple logo will stay marked on the screen even if I DO get it working (since it's been on all day and night). I've tried resetting it but just goes back to the logo. Somebody please help me and my comrade out!

danielab87

i just ended up saving all the files to my computer, putting it in disk mode, restoring it, and sending all the files back. quite a hassle but its working now. if it does it again though i will be furious

elderado

Saving?... Disk mode?... restoring?...daniela?...
I kinda need a little explanation or steps that you did to save your ipod photo. Mine's on days 3 now of just constant apple logo.

danielab87

well first off i don't use itunes, i use anapod explorer so i'll tell what i did with that. first soft reset the ipod (menu + select) then as soon as the apple appears go to disk mode (play/pause + select). this can be difficult to do, you can type it into yahoo or something to get tips on it. then i connected to the computer and i saved all the tracks to the computer which took like 1.5 hours and was about 10 gigabites. then i used anapod reinitializer to restore it, and then sent all of my songs back to the ipod, which took a while.

danielab87

you can get a free trial with limited features. you cannot save songs to the computer with the trial. the full edition costs $25. there are other free programs with the same type of thing though. anapod reintializer is free

elderado

So here's the deal daniela...
I have an Apple Ipod 30 Gig color
I also lost my ipod cd installer :l and i'm seeing the disk mode flashing on the screen now (which is a relief). It said on my computer that an ipod was detected but i need to install it. I tried downloading this installer from the apple.com website (ipod installer) but then had this error message which said 'Unable to install Device' or something. Where do i go from here, amigo?