Battery replaced, now iPod won't work

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jilgal

My 3G iPod's battery was running out of charge in a day so I thought I'd give replacing the battery a go myself. It all seemed to go okay but I found plugging the new battery in a bit hard as it's a very snug fit and I didn't want to force it and break something. I got it all back together but it didn't turn on so I put it on the wall charger and it started up okay, everthing worked. I left it on charge all night but next day as soon as it was off charge there was just a blank screen again. I took it apart again, it all seemed okay, so I thought I'd try the old battery, now THAT doesn't work either. What have I done wrong? it all works fine hooked to the AC power, but it seems the battery isn't getting the charge. I can't walk around with a power cord! Have I killed it? PLEASE can someone help! Thanks.

duckee

re-install the old battery and see if the iPod is self-substained. If the unit works with the old battery then most likely your new battery is defective.

Does the battery icon animate while charging the new battery?

If the old battery no longer power the iPod most likely you ripped the connecting battery wire on the circuit board side or somewhere between the circuit board and the battery.

jilgal

Thanks for replying Duckee! I already tried installing the old battery and that didn't work either. The screen animates that it is charging but once it's disconnected from AC power the screen goes blank. As far as I can see there are no wires from the battery connecter to pull out, it just sits on the logic board (I was very careful). Any other ideas?

duckee

If you have checked the wires from the batteries, and the connection is on the circuit board is still good I'm not sure of exactly what the root problem is.

Does the battery or charger get warm during the charging process?

Do you have a meter to check the voltage from the new/old battery?

Please see my previous post in Ilounge concerning a similiar issue that I had after replacing my 4G ipod battery, maybe trying another charger and/or cable will solve the issue:

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?threadid=103226

jilgal

duckee

Thanks again, but this morning I looked again at the PDF for installing the battery and saw that I had the battery connector around the wrong way, even though it looked to be right with the terminals....stupid....I was sure it had come out the way I put it back, so yippee! it works again,I'm real good at pulling the thing apart now.