Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: need to get photos OFF of my ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-04-2005, 04:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

need to get photos OFF of my ipod

well my comp HD crashed and i lost everything. all i have left is what is on my ipod. i got a program so that i was able to take my songs off and put them back onto my new comp. now i need to figure a way to get my photos off. i really need help since i have pics of when my nieces were born that i'd like back. is there anyway i can do that? i looked in the photos folder on the ipod but they are in some weird format and range from 30-500 megs a piece(about 5 total). any help would be great/ ps. i run on mac os panther if that helps

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:48 PM

Senior Lounger

you can only get them off if you selected the optiopn to include copies of full-resolution photos on your ipod before your comp crashed.

which is what i recommend to everybody with photos on their computer.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

well that is what i think they are since there is about a gig worth of pics on there and that seems rather large for just thumbnails. any idea how to do it? or should there be another folder that says regular photos
Old 10-04-2005, 11:45 PM

Connect the iPod and enable disk mode. Then go to my computer while it's connected & go to Tools>Options>View & check 'show files & folders'. Then open the iPod HD & look for the photos folder & drag it off of the iPod onto the desktop. You can then open it and remove the photos. If you didn't check 'full resolution' before transferring the photos to the iPod then you will need to use other software to remove the photos like:
XPlay http://www.mediafour.com/products/xplaypb/
You can see this link:
Photo Storage on the iPod -- The Gory Details

There is also this:
http://www.ipodcopy.com/

Topic: need to get photos OFF of my ipod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.