Have serious battery issues...have replaced battery several times...HELP!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

VarLordahl

Ok guys, this isn't the standard 3G Ipod battery sob-story thread.

I have a 4G 40GB Ipod that I bought literally at 9:02 a.m. the morning they released them last year (I mention this because it is an absolute version 1.0000000 of the 4G hardware).

I listen to rouhgly 8 hours of music per day, so the battery gets recharged from empty to full probably 6 times per week. About 97% of the time, I wait until the battery is completely charged to disconnect the ipod from the power source.

Well, originally, I was getting 10 - 12 hours of battery life - a great statistic for my type of usage (high volume, skipping songs frequently).

Then, after about 6 or 7 months, I began noticing a drastic change in battery life. By the time this past June rolled around, I was down to about 6 hours of battery life on normal usage.

So I ordered a new battery from NewerTec - it was a 750MAH extended life 4G ipod battery that *should* have provided rouhgly 15 hours of battery life.

I installed it, and the ipod did not function at all. Totally dead. I thought I friend my pod, and I was about to buy a 4g 60gb Ipod photo, when I reinstalled the original battery for kicks, and it worked fine.

So I returned the newertech battery for a replacement. I installed the replacement. Initially i got over 12 hours of usage out of it. Then I went for a 1 month trip to Europe. In doing so, I was charging it frequently with a voltage adapter. By the end of the trip (probably 25 rechargings total on teh 2nd NewerTech battery) I was down again to 5 hours of battery life.

So NewerTech was nice enough to exchange the battery again. Last night I installed my third newertech battery, and now I only get about 7 hours of battery life.

WTF???

Is it possible my battery meter is broken? My EQ is off, my backlight is off, I listed to almost exclusively play lists, etc...
Newertech batteries have an EXCELLENT track records - they have sold millions of them and even the guy ont eh phone said they receive very few returns, much less 2 returns from the same person.

What is going on? AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh!!!?

moe_4eva

Sometimes, li-ion batteries need to warm up all their cells. Try letting it drain completely, then recharging it for the full 4 hours to calibrate the cells and get them all fully working. Then try it out for about a week and see what kind of life you are getting.