Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: ipod screen stuck on "OK To Disconnect"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-13-2003, 03:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

ipod screen stuck on "OK To Disconnect"

ok, my ipod screen is stuck on OK to Disconnect" - i disconnected it from my MAC, and thescreen is still there, and i cant get to the main menu - or any menu - for that matter. HELP. please! (i have a 3rd gen)

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-13-2003, 03:12 PM

Bob

Have you tried resetting your iPod?

Bob

Old 10-13-2003, 03:13 PM

Dismember

Try a hard reset--plug it in to the AC adapter, hold menu and play for 10-20 seconds, until the Apple logo appears on the screen...

Chris and his infamous clipped Calvinpod
Old 10-13-2003, 03:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

did that and....

the apple logo comes up and flashes - nothing happens when i press the buttons - in order to get rid of the apple i have to do the force firewire thing (press menu/play till the OK to Disconnect screen appears - then it gets stuck on that)
Old 10-13-2003, 04:06 PM

Dismember

Ok, do the reset again--get the apple logo back on there, then plug it into your computer--is it recognized by your computer? If so, use the ipod updater to restore it.

Old 10-13-2003, 04:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

doesn't regonize it

now my G4 isnt regonizing it, the ipod doesntshow up in itunes or on the desktop - the flashing apple is back on my ipod screen....is it broke (as in needs to go back to apple)or do you think i should reinstall the sofware?
Old 10-13-2003, 04:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

managed to disconnect it...

i was able to get the ipod disconnected from my G4 - now i am stuck with the check mark and "OK to disconnect" screen again - do i reinstall the software - and if i do, how might i go about this because the G4 does not recognize the ipod when i plug it in - how will i load the software if no ipod shows up when i connect it to my G4? thanks!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:43 PM

Dismember

I would reinstall the software in the one in a million chance it'll recognize it--but it looks like you've got a fried ipod on your hands. Think unfortunately you're going to have to send it back...

Old 10-14-2003, 01:40 PM

j1y
Freshman Lounger

I went through this last night, too, but restore did bring me back to factory. I put in a call to Apple Support, and the helpful fellow there wouldn't tell me if this is something I should expect again during my iPod's lifespan (much less its warranty), and directed me to the instructions on their website--which leave off after Firewire Disk Mode.

$300 for three months' use. Can't fault their impeccable design, but as with anything, sales go up/QC plummets.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:32 AM

Freshman Lounger

ok..this is what you do..toggle the hold button about 5 times...then hold the enter(middle button)and menu and the same time for about 10 seconds...the apple sign comes up after that and that means you unlocked it.....let me know how it went....
Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

I received this error and used the solution provided by ipodgenious098 and it worked! I am so so so thankful I found this forum and appreciate those who share their knowledge!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:07 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodgenious098 View Post
ok..this is what you do..toggle the hold button about 5 times...then hold the enter(middle button)and menu and the same time for about 10 seconds...the apple sign comes up after that and that means you unlocked it.....let me know how it went....
i borrowed my roommate's ipod without permission and tried to load the music into my itunes. bad idea. got the ok to disconnect message. omg. went into disaster mode. they have years of music on this thing. i found your solution and it worked. i never register for anything but had to on this site so i could say thank you so much. you are a true guru god.
kate
Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

It worked, thanks ipodgenius098
Old 02-10-2012, 11:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

Great topic! I agree with everything said so far. But want to add one thing. Choose a spokesperson for the band. The engineer will apeciate it. The studio is a great place!
I could live in one if allowed. Very Happy Remember to relax and have fun.

Topic: ipod screen stuck on "OK To Disconnect"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.