Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Uh oh -- iPod submerged in soda. Can I fix it?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-28-2005, 01:21 AM

Freshman Lounger

Uh oh -- iPod submerged in soda. Can I fix it?

Hi All,

To make a long story short, my 4G iPod was accidentally dropped into a glass of soda this weekend. It fell in charging port side down, and was submerged up to about it's halfway point for about 2 - 3 seconds.

As I frantically tried to pull it out I hit buttons on it, which turned it on. I quickly turned it off and then put it on hold. I wiped it down as much as reasonably possible. After many hours I gave it a shot trying to turn it on, and it was dead.

Turning to the internet to help, I found out how to open the thing. Right now I'm letting it air out, although I haven't yet disconnected the logic board, since I don't yet have the proper tools.

Any advice on how I should proceed? What solution is best for clearning soda off of computer boards and parts? If it's still dead as a doornail after I put it back together, what's my best course of action?

I did a search and only found one thread on the topic, which was somewhat vague. (Although it leads me to believe I may need a new battery...)

Thanks,
-Brian

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: Uh oh -- iPod submerged in soda. Can I fix it?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.