How long should i charge 2g mini for the 1st time???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kolacoca

i bought a 2g 4gb mini yesterday, but i still don't dare to charge it yet, cuz i've screwed up my 3rd ipod before.

And i was told that i should charge for only 4 hrs the first time??? is that true??

and should i let all the battery in the mini out first?

should i charge it with the usb or the main?

please help

jonnny

Welcome, and congrats on your new iPod.

Simply plug it in (you implied that the mains power adapter is an option, so I suggest using that) and let it charge until it finishes (battery icon stops scrolling, and the lightning bolt remains on the screen). There is absolutely no need to stress out over plugging it in for any exact amount of time, or even running down the battery between charges--feel free to charge it and use it as you please.

I can vouch for this out of personal experience: I keep my battery topped off most of the time (it's almost always plugged in to either my computer, wall charger, or dock in my car), and it still ran for at least 18 hours when a performed a test on it.

Just one pointer: Try to never let the battery run all the way down, and if you do (after a long day trip away from a power source, etc), do not attempt to use your iPod and drain the battery down further--plug it into a charger as soon as possible. Keeping the battery discharged for a long amount of time could damage it to a point of no return, and its capacity and ability to recharge may suffer.

Last edited:

noobs

proud iPod owner
yup.. right only 4-5 hours of charging time..

apple said its reach 80% cap at 2 hours (quick charge) but i recommend to charge it to the full cap about 4-5 hours

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Well, it's not so much 4-5 hours, as it is to let it fully charge. Sometimes mine takes 6 hours to fully charge.

So make sure that it is fully charged before unplugging it, which varies between iPod Minis.

kevinf

you shouldn't do this according to time, because sometimes its not accurate, just plug it in let it charge and start using it when it tells you that the charge is complete