Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod Click Wheel Malfunction/Apple Support

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-05-2005, 11:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

Angry iPod Click Wheel Malfunction/Apple Support

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Grr!

I have a 20 GB 4G iPod that I just got less than a month ago. Already, it isn't working. The buttons all work, however the click wheel does not work. I have reset several times which had no affect. I have also called Apple and they said go to some website and get a box to send it to get it repaired or whatever. There is an Apple store about 30 minutes away, but my parents don't want to take me there if they don't have to, and the apple support dealie has conveniently not worked all day. I read on some forum that you can bring the iPod into an Apple store and they will just give you a replacement, but the guy at the apple support number said they do the same thing as the website (send it away for repairs), is this true?

What should I do, take it to the Apple store, or is there some little thing I'm not doing right?

So far, Apple has pretty much sucked.

Any responses or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by bookwurm26; 06-06-2005 at 12:26 AM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hi bookwurm26!

I have posted on the same topic (search for my username to find it). DON'T SEND IT IN! Any scratches will be deemed a "dent" and void your so-called warrenty. The wheel is defective and when Apple loses a lawsuit over this, they will then fix it. Meanwhile, we are screwed. I had been happy with the ipod and had recommended it to friends (I am a diehard PC user - I refuse to touch an Apple computer). I had also heard that Apple support was great. We had such trouble with Dell that I was amazed to hear a computer company was actually good at tech support. Maybe the ipod group is different, but I can't believe they refused to fix a clearly bad piece of hardware! Not even Dell did this - they just took forever to get my husband his new motherboard. The did not say that a dead motherboard would not be replace because the keyboard was scratched and dirty.

Email me if you wish at janiceepstein@hotmail.com

Good luck
Old 06-09-2005, 12:26 PM

Re: iPod Click Wheel Malfunction/Apple Support

Quote:
Originally posted by bookwurm26
Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Grr!

I have a 20 GB 4G iPod that I just got less than a month ago. Already, it isn't working. The buttons all work, however the click wheel does not work. I have reset several times which had no affect. I have also called Apple and they said go to some website and get a box to send it to get it repaired or whatever. There is an Apple store about 30 minutes away, but my parents don't want to take me there if they don't have to, and the apple support dealie has conveniently not worked all day. I read on some forum that you can bring the iPod into an Apple store and they will just give you a replacement, but the guy at the apple support number said they do the same thing as the website (send it away for repairs), is this true?

What should I do, take it to the Apple store, or is there some little thing I'm not doing right?

So far, Apple has pretty much sucked.

Any responses or advice would be greatly appreciated!
The ipod store can hold your ipod if they want to for a period of a few days until they determine whether or not it is malfunctioning. However, if you get the box using the online form, then bring that in to the store, they'll replace it on the spot (per my experience). You should call and chat with the apple store to make sure they'll do this, but I believe it was an issue that was resolved a while ago.

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough." -Groucho Marx
Old 06-13-2005, 01:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

My Click Wheel is broke too! I hope they dont give me trouble about my scratches on the back of my pod! i dont have a skin and keep it in my pocket when im waliking around..shopping and whatever.....I have not dropped it once.

Topic: iPod Click Wheel Malfunction/Apple Support

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.