iPhone X battery draining quickly while switched off - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone X battery draining quickly while switched off

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-02-2019, 02:32 PM

Junior Lounger

iPhone X battery draining quickly while switched off

A little while ago I replaced my iPhone X as my primary phone, but I still occasionally use it.

Most of the time its now switched off but I've noticed that a fully charged battery will be around 50% after a few days.

Is this normal if it's switched off the whole time? The battery health is 97% and I didn't notice any problems using it before.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2019, 05:24 PM

I use mine all the time so I can't leave my iPhone X switched off for a few days.

When you say off, you mean that you slide the power off slider and left the phone lying around? If so this could be worrisome.

If you mean, that you turn off the screen and let it sit there, yes this is expected to be at 50% after a few days. (Checking for updates, maintaining GPS location, maintaining cellular connection, maintaining WiFi connection, checking for new messages, mail, looking for Bluetooth connections etc.)

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-02-2019, 05:30 PM

Junior Lounger

It's the same with me, when using it I couldn't notice anything wrong.

It's completely off, turned off with the slider.

I've had it on charge tonight and just switched it off at 99%. I'll see what it's at this time tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:08 PM

Junior Lounger

I've just checked it and it was at 93%.

So in 24 hours it lost 6% on the battery while turned off. That seems a bit fast to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2019, 06:36 PM

That seems high to me for an off phone too. I suppose it could take 6% of the battery to shut it down and bring it back up. There is a log of encryption/decryption happening at those times. Charge to 100%, power down, power up, how much is it down by?

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-03-2019, 06:45 PM

Junior Lounger

I just turned it back on - 87%

Off and on again - 92%

Its on charge now to bring it to full.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:52 PM

It went up with the power cycle? That is weird. Almost like the battery capacity is an estimate not actual measurement.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:46 PM

Junior Lounger

It went from 93 to 87 to 92 over two cycles. It makes me wonder if this is somehow bring affected by the lack of use.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:54 PM

I remember reading somewhere that it is an estimate. Which means it is inaccurate, and your numbers show that as well.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

I think that's a common question. My experience is when I charge full 100% for my iPhone and turn the airplane and go to sleep. But when I check the battery after I waked up, 60% left. Don't know how to fix it. Is Anybody have this happen in iPhone or iPad generations?
Old 01-05-2019, 06:09 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews View Post
I remember reading somewhere that it is an estimate. Which means it is inaccurate, and your numbers show that as well.

I remember that now you mention it.

I only asked because when it was my primary phone I'd reboot it around once a week and the biggest battery drop I'd see was 1%.

Topic: iPhone X battery draining quickly while switched off

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.