iPhone Music Skipping/Fast Forwarding - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone Music Skipping/Fast Forwarding

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-17-2018, 02:20 PM

Junior Lounger

iPhone Music Skipping/Fast Forwarding

Phone: iPhone 7
iOS: 11.3

Issue: Ever since I've upgraded to iOS 11.3, I've been experiencing some issues with music playback that I just have not received before. The music would either randomly pause or randomly skip around. This did not happen in any previous iOS versions. I've tried restarting the phone and see if it resolves the issue, but not sure if anyone else has been experiencing similar issues and what did you do about it.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:30 PM

I haven't seen this with iOS 11 on my iPhone X.

Have you checked the songs in iTunes? Make sure they are not corrupt on the source.
Are you using the downloaded music section in the Music app? I find that it tries to download music over LTE/WiFi if I don't do that. The WiFi on the plane I ride every week is pretty crappy, so stops and starts is common there,

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 04-18-2018, 01:05 PM

Junior Lounger

I know for a fact that the source files are not corrupt. Apparently my issue is a known issue with the release of iOS 11.3: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#62d5189e6a4a

Hopefully Apple will fix it and not chalk it up to planned obsolescence of the iPhone 7.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:46 PM

That's ugly. I am glad I don't get that behavior.

Have you tried to use the VLC app and add music to that application? You would no longer have playlists, but it may play your music cleanly. I would try it for a dozen songs. I think it is difficult to manage music with it, which is why I deleted the app.

I use Overcast for podcasts and have had no issues, but then I don't have music issues either, so that may not be saying much. Apple's Podcast app just got too cumbersome to manage 1 feed with a weekly show, and when they took smart playlists away, I deleted that app too. Overcast does not have smart playlists, but since I decided to reduce my podcasts to 2, I don't need it anymore.

Apple will fix some bugs. Though they broke Bluetooth voice control in iOS 11.0 and still have not fixed it. Other issues I have seen them resolve.

Topic: iPhone Music Skipping/Fast Forwarding

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.