iPhone x capturing photos and email them size issue - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone x capturing photos and email them size issue

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-11-2018, 05:05 AM

zillah2004
Banned

iPhone x capturing photos and email them size issue

Dear folk

I used my iPhone x for work and we need to captures 6-10 photos for each work we do.

On my phone I used Outlook app for my work email (work domain) and when I try to email those photos email gets failed because of the sizes of photos.

I used to have android with android we can set resolution of pictures to minimize sizes , since that option in available on iPhone x what suggestion can you share with me ?

Yes I know we can download photos to laptop and resize them and email them not convenient but if there is no option I have to do it

Thanks
Old 03-11-2018, 12:35 PM

A photo is about 2MB. If your servers can't handle that, how do you email large presentations? In my opinion, this is the root cause of the problem.

I am in a similar situation. But I use the default Mail application and it asks what size photo to send (Small, Medium, Large, actual size). Our default Mail application is connected to the Outlook servers.

The Outlook app does not have the option to resize the attached photos. It always sends them full size. Your only real option is to crop it, or get a photo editor app that allows you to resize (I could not find the resize capability in the default app).

There is at least 1 poll out there trying to pressure Microsoft to enable the photo resize feature in the Outlook App.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 03-12-2018, 07:25 AM

zillah2004
Banned

Quote:
But I use the default Mail application and it asks what size photo to send (Small, Medium, Large, actual size).
I guess I need to switch to default Apple mail app
Old 03-13-2018, 03:43 AM

Freshman Lounger

Set Photo in High Efficiency

Next time, set your camera as high efficiency mode to take photos in HEIC, normaly a JPG picture is twice the size of HEIC, Not only saves your space but also easier to send.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:49 AM

zillah2004
Banned

Quote:
set your camera as high efficiency mode to take photos in HEIC, normaly a JPG picture is twice the size of HEIC, Not only saves your space but also easier to send.
Please share steps to do that
Old 03-13-2018, 08:17 AM

It is the default setting already.

Settings->Camera->Formats

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: iPhone x capturing photos and email them size issue

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.