Sites for iPhone X support? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Sites for iPhone X support?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-25-2017, 04:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

Sites for iPhone X support?

After one week with my new iPhone X I'm having a love hate relationship. Size? GREAT! FaceID? Great WiFI? sucks

My WiFI works great with my comcast WiFi when the phone is in Airplane mode but after I take it out of Airplane mode the video download of videos on Facebook start slowing down until they can't keep up with the playing of the videos. After several minutes , the WiFi for watching videos is unusable.

I have powered off the phone several times and don't know what to try next. I don't see a lot on this site for iPhone support so there must be other sites with every active iPhone forums?

Thanks
Old 11-25-2017, 04:20 PM

Freshman Lounger

I forgot to state that my iPhone 6 plus never had this problem with the same comcast Wifi.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:34 AM

I would say this forum is not very active, but there are people that are here to answer questions.

I also have a love/hate for different reasons (iOS 11 broke Bluetooth voice command capability).

I must admit, I don't watch videos on Facebook, unless they are personally posted by a relative. So recreating your exact issue could be difficult. It sounds like you may have autoplay turned on as well, which is also something I disable and will probably not enable.

I have not had any WiFi performance issues on my iPhone X with other videos I watch, not in Airplane mode. YouTube has been streaming this way for the last 20 minutes and no slowness or hesitation has been seen.

I would check your network to be sure that there is not a problem there. For example, you could have 2 devices with the same IP address, and that would cause conflicts, and make it unusable. You don't say what your WiFi network is, like B, G, N 2.4, N 5.0, AC, etc. Performance of a WiFi network can have a great impact. For example if you have 2 N networks one at 2.4GHz and the other at 5GHz, the 2.4 will be slower, but can be better if there are multiple walls between you and the router. The 5GHz will be faster, but you will have drop outs if there are walls between you and the router.

Also you may want to check to see if WiFi-Assist is on or not. I generally turn it off as I don't want to automatically switch off of WiFi if the network appears congested.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 11-26-2017, 12:19 PM

Senior Lounger

Apple has a very active iPhone forum at their website, but they don't appreciate criticism there.

Topic: Sites for iPhone X support?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.