How to share email with Outlook on Windows - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to share email with Outlook on Windows

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-05-2017, 02:48 AM

Freshman Lounger

How to share email with Outlook on Windows

Is there a tutorial somewhere that will walk me through setting up my iPhone so I can see email on it? But I don't want it to interfere with email that I mainly handle with Outlook on a Windows PC.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:16 AM

How do you want this set up?

Do you want the same email that is in Outlook on your iPhone?
Do you want a different email account than what you have in Outlook in your iPhone?

I think it is the first, but the steps are pretty much the same.
Apple even has a page on setting up email on an iPhone / iPad: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201320

I highly recommend using IMAP instead of POP, as then if you are using the same account as Outlook (and Outlook should use IMAP instead of POP too), they will share the updates to email. In other words, if you read it on you iPhone, it shows as read on Outlook. If you respond in Outlook, then the Sent folder in your iPhone will show the email you sent.

If Outlook and the iPhone are using different accounts, it doesn't matter which you use. I still prefer IMAP.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: How to share email with Outlook on Windows

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.