Links working only sometime? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Links working only sometime?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-05-2017, 05:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

Links working only sometime?

Using Safari and my Firefox ap and clicking on any link only works about half the time. I restart the phone and the work for a little while

Using 9.3.2

I did drop my SE last week but it was just a little 2 footer, no big deal but not sure if thus could have anything to do with it.

I've noticed the link issue for a few weeks
Old 02-06-2017, 09:33 AM

That does not sound normal, but there are the usual steps to try and resolve:

1. Clean the screen
2. Remove screen protectors
3. Reboot - power the phone all the way down and power up.
4. Reset - Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the same time, wait for the Apple logo to appear, release the buttons.
5. Restore - [Warning: This will upgrade you to the latest iOS for your device] Backup your iPhone to iTunes, (click on your iPhone in the right most button on the left side of the iTunes button bar, then click on the Backup button, wait for it to complete) then Restore the iPhone (erase it and reinstall everything) by clicking on the Restore button in iTunes.

Personally I find that if I use a dry or calloused finger I have these issues.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Links working only sometime?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.