How to forward a video - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to forward a video

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-04-2017, 11:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

How to forward a video

I received a video of the grandkids from my daughter. I would like to forward it to my email so I can save it on my computer. When I press the forward button, I am offered two choices: Mail and Save to Camera Roll. If I press Mail, I am offered a bunch of choices: iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, GMail, Yahoo, AOL, Microsoft Hotmail, and Other. As far as I know, I don't have any of those. If I touch Other, I am offered a chance to create an account, but it asks for a password, which I don't have.

I have WiFi here in the house. I am able to get to the Internet using Safari. Isn't there a simple way for me to enter my email address and forward that video?

Thanks
Old 02-04-2017, 12:35 PM

Most people know who their email provider is by the text after the @ in their email address is. If it is one of the major providers, then you choose that one, if not choose Other and enter the information and the iPhone will try to set it up if it can, and ask you for more information if it can't. Once it is configured, then they will be able to access their email from their iPhone as well as their computer.

Usually people know what their email password is and enter it at the prompt.

Since you don't have email set up on your iPhone, you have to Save the video to the Camera Roll. Then connect the iPhone to the computer that you want to save it on.

Copy the video off of your phone to your desktop (or some other memorable location). Open Windows Explorer find Computer and click on it, under that will be your iPhone name, click on it. Then navigate to Internal Storage->DCIM->###Apple where you typically pick the highest number for ###, in my case it is 102 so ###Apple becomes 102Apple.

You should see your video there, you can copy it (Right Click, Copy) and paste it to a memorable location (Desktop) Right Click an empty area, choose Paste.

Now it is on your computer.

You can delete it from your iPhone Camera Roll using the iPhone or through Windows Explorer. The iPhone route will put the video into the Deleted album for 30 days before it deletes it. The Windows Explorer route deletes it with NO possibility of recovery.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 02-04-2017, 12:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the help.

I do have my email password somewhere, but it is long and complicated. I never need it. I entered it into Outlook once and that's it.

Why does the iPhone need my email password anyway? I don't want to receive email on the phone. I just want to send this one video to an email address.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Murphy View Post
Thanks for the help.

I do have my email password somewhere, but it is long and complicated. I never need it. I entered it into Outlook once and that's it.

Why does the iPhone need my email password anyway? I don't want to receive email on the phone. I just want to send this one video to an email address.
Your phone cannot send any emails without access to your account otherwise anyone could send emails from your address. Why not transfer it to your computer via bluetooth or USB?
Old 02-04-2017, 03:39 PM

As the previous poster stated, it needs your credentials to send the email out.
It is much like Outlook, once you enter it once, you can not bother with it again.

You can even set your account to not get mail unless you open it Settings->Mail->Accounts->Fetch New Data turn off Push, then tap of the account and set the Select Schedule to Manual

Your other option is to log into your email using the browser and see if you can attach the video (once saved in your Camera Roll) and send it that way.

I think connecting the computer is the easiest.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: How to forward a video

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.