iPhone Wi-Fi speeds? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone Wi-Fi speeds?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-19-2016, 08:48 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPhone Wi-Fi speeds?

So here is the story. At our home we use our ATT data plan as our internet via hotspot. 2 years ago I had an iPhone 5s and it seems that the connection was not great when using the hotspot. Since then I sold the phone and have been using an Amazon Fire Phone and the hotspot is spectacular, I have never had an issue. Not sure why but it is great.

Well I tried my sons iPhone 6 and it just did not seem as good as the Fire phone.

I am thinking of taking advantage of the upcoming iPhone 7 Holiday deals but worry about this situation.

Can anyone comment on their experience?
Old 11-30-2016, 12:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

So here is an update.

My Amazon Fire Phone is still fast than my new SE I just bought in regards to any data use on phone or hot spot.

I just cannot figure it out.

Would JB speed it up? I have almost all background processes turned off
Old 01-04-2017, 06:06 AM

Freshman Lounger

You just bought an iPhone for creating hotspot? I haven't faced the same problem like you but I would recommend to purchase a wireless router that support 3G/4G sim card slot for creating wireless signal instead of using your phone. It's not produce to do such things.

Topic: iPhone Wi-Fi speeds?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.