Is this Pokemon Go or a fraud?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gib65

Hello,

I just downloaded Pokemon Go on my iPhone 5, at least I think I did. The way it's behaving seems more like malware to me though.

So I start the application and it asks me to enter my date of birth. Before I can even touch the screen, I voice listener comes up blocking the Pokemon Go interface and it asks me to say "Hey Siri"--so I say it into the mic, it does something weird like it's trying to analyze my voice, and then asks me to say it again. This repeats a number of times, and then it starts asking me to tell it what I want. I basically told it "I want you to go away", but it didn't listen.

Now the damn thing comes up with almost everything I do--from listening to music to checking text messages to surfing the net, etc. It's like those stupid disc scanning viruses that load up on your PC every time you boot up.

I think this is a virus or some kind of malware. Anyway, how do I get rid of it?

cjmnews

Staff member
It sounds like you may be using a jailbroken phone and got your Pokemon Go app from an unauthorized store. Yes it sounds like malware.

Try killing it off, double press the Home button ([ ]) and swipe up on all apps.
Then you should have control of your phone.
Now uninstall it, press and hold until it wiggles then tap the x.

Next time use the iTunes Store for your apps.

gib65

It sounds like you may be using a jailbroken phone and got your Pokemon Go app from an unauthorized store. Yes it sounds like malware.

Try killing it off, double press the Home button ([ ]) and swipe up on all apps.
Then you should have control of your phone.
Now uninstall it, press and hold until it wiggles then tap the x.

Next time use the iTunes Store for your apps.
Thanks, but since then it has stopped. It stopped as soon as I took my head phones out. This was something I neglected to mention: I had my head phones on the whole time (didn't realize at the time that that might be important). As soon as I unplugged them, the thing stopped.

I got the Pokemon game from the iTunes store, downloaded it on my PC, then synced it with my iPhone.