ipod ipad and emails - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: ipod ipad and emails

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-28-2014, 08:56 AM

Freshman Lounger

ipod ipad and emails

I use virgin media email and incredimail email client.I have email set on my iphone and ipad to pop3. what i would like to happen is that the emails are received on my pc (in incredimail) and on my iphone and ipad. I then would like to be able to delete emails as required from my iphone and ipad but keep them on my pc. I was using imap but when I deleted from my iphone they all disappeared from my pc so I went back to pop3 but now some emails that arrive on my iphone do not arrive on my pc. Am I expecting too much or is there a setting that will achieve what I want. Hope someone can help
Old 09-28-2014, 01:11 PM

That is odd.

Keeping the PC on IMAP should mean all mail goes there.
Using POP on the iPhone/iPad should make the emails look like they are deleted on those devices. There is an option in iOS that deals with deletion of incoming emails.

Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars-><Account you want to adjust>->Account->Advanced->Incoming Settings->Remove from Server set to Never

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: ipod ipad and emails

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.