Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Email alerts not displaying in notification center on lock screen (iOS 7)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-12-2013, 09:30 PM

Junior Lounger

Email alerts not displaying in notification center on lock screen (iOS 7)

Hi,

I am having issues receiving email alerts in the Notification Center when accessed from the lock screen. I don't want to see the alert directly on the lock screen, only in the notification center. Here are my settings:

(Notification Center)

(Mail app)

So basically, the Notification Center is allowed on the lock screen, but the alert itself will not be displayed on the lock screen. However, when I get a new email, it does not display an alert. If I unlock the phone, and check the Notification Center, the alert is there. If I turn the "Show on Lock Screen" setting on, then I do in fact get the alert both on the lock screen and the notification center. What is really weird is that if I check the Notification Center from the lock screen (where nothing is displayed), and then unlock the phone the alert is no longer in the Notification Center, as if I had already accessed it.

What is also strange is that these exact settings work perfectly fine for texts and fairly consistently for my personal email. However, it has never worked for my work (Exchange) email. In both cases I am using Push.

Is anyone else able to replicate this issue, or do you have a solution?

Thanks,

Aaron

Last edited by Claaronet; 11-12-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 PM

Have you scrolled down in the Notification Center to the Mail app (or the App you use for work email) and verified that the Notification center was not disabled at the App level?

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 11-12-2013, 11:57 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks, my screenshots weren't super clear, so I edited the post. The lower screenshot is the settings for the Mail app. These settings work fine for texts, but not email.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:41 AM

When I enable them, and I go to the ALL section of the notification center I am seeing my Corporate email preview.

I will wait for a new one and see what happens. That shouldn't be too long.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 11-13-2013, 04:17 PM

OK, what I found is that the email does not show in the All section of the Notifications IF the phone is locked and you have show on the lock screen turned off.

But if the phone is unlocked it shows up in the Notifications in the All section.

If you have Show On Lock Screen turned on, you get it in the Notifications of the lock screen and it will also show up on the lock screen.

I think the not showing up on the lock screen, and not in the locked notifications is the safest setting for corporate email. It prevents information leaking to strangers.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:45 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks, this sounds exactly the same as what is happening to me. I actually asked my IT department today about it, and they said they had no control over notifications, so I think it must be in the OS. However, if Apple really didn't want you to get your corporate email at all on the lock screen, then they wouldn't give the option of it displaying directly on the lock screen. So this leads me to believe that it's just a bug or something. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:11 AM

Turn on Show On Lock Screen and you'll see them.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:17 AM

Junior Lounger

Yes, I know, but that's not what I want. In other words, I don't want these alerts lighting up the screen. But it would be convenient to be able to access them without unlocking.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:26 AM

From your view this is a bug, from mine they did it right.

I would be upset if they had it in the locked notifications.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM

Junior Lounger

Well, I guess we just disagree. It would make sense if alerts weren't allowed at all on the lock screen, but that's not the case. Basically, there are two toggles, so there should be 4 overall options:

1) Display both on the lock screen and in the notification center.
2) Display only on the lock screen but not in the notification center.
3) Display only in the notification center but not on the lock screen.
4) Display on neither the lock screen nor the notification center.

I don't understand why options 1, 2, and 4 work, but not 3.

Topic: Email alerts not displaying in notification center on lock screen (iOS 7)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.