Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Where to find a spare charger?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-04-2013, 10:44 PM

Freshman Lounger

Where to find a spare charger?

I would like to get a spare charger or two so I can leave one at the office and one in my travel bag. I did a search for "iphone charger", but all I could find was something called a "USB sync/charger", even at the Apple store.

All I want is a simple charger with an A/C plug on one end and the flat plug that fits into the iPhone on the other. Is no one making them anymore?

The USB charger might be a good option as well, except for the sync part. If I buy one of those, can I just use it as a charger and not have it do any syncing? I should probably learn about syncing someday, but I don't have time now and I don't want it syncing something that I don't understand. Which type do I get that will just recharge the iPhone from the USB port of my laptop?

Finally, some of these chargers specify that they are for one particular model of iPhone. I think I have a 3G. At least at the top of the Home screen to the left of the time and to the right of the bars, it says "AT&T 3G". Is that how I can tell what model I have?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:43 AM

Power Lounger

You get a part that plugs into the wall that has USB ports on it (like the amazon link below). Then you get a sync/charging cable. This plugs into the wall AC plug part and into your iPhone. Search Amazon for iphone chargers and you find a bunch of the cables in addition to the wall plug in the link.

Whether or not you "sync" your iPhone when you use one of these to connect your iPhone to your computer is up to you.

Amazon.com: PowerGen White Dual USB Port 2.4A 12W AC Travel Wall Charger w/Sviwal Plug Designed for Apple and Android Devices: Kindle Store

Win7/26392 songs/2516 Artists/2520 Albums -- 160Gb Classic/2G ATV
What's so great about the Barrier Reef? What's so fine about Art?
What's so good about a Good Times Van? When you're workin' on a broken. working on a broken,
Workin' on a broken man
Old 10-26-2013, 12:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

You should use an Apple approved Lightning cable or else it might not charge. Also, the charger should be rated at least 1amp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Topic: Where to find a spare charger?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.